Build: Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero, 1:33, Halinski 3/2005

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by rlwhitt, Dec 20, 2006.

1. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

That wasn't a brace - most likely it would be just a wire used to reel the hook in after arrested landing on the deck.
  2. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

I just cut the regular 5x5 one down. I find it handy for propping up tail sections and the like. It's actually 2 x 3 x 5.

3. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Nice build!!

4. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

Such fine workmanship here.
  5. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

And the Finish!

She's finally done!

Attached Files:

6. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Closer view, up front

Attached Files:

7. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Sort of head on:

Attached Files:

8. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Side view:

Attached Files:

9. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Rear Quarter

Attached Files:

10. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

With the Hellcat!

It's suprising how much smaller the Zero is - it's almost like they are in a different scale!

Attached Files:

11. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Wow!! I am amazed by all that detail. You are a trully skilled craftsman. I can't believe, when watching the cockpit. It seems, that it is real. It's a pity, that you had to cover everything. You should have done some kind of incision of your model in order to show the wondrous inside (on the other hand you should build the whole interior). But thats all. I can only bow to such work and author. And that outstanding Hellcat!!! A very nice pair. I have no more words. I want these models at my home :p
    Good luck! ;)
  12. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Beautiful job! Excellant finish, good form throughout, the gemmun from PA gives a 9.9! Cool matchup, Zeke vs Hellcat! Have yourself a victory tot o' rum or whatever, light a cigar, and sit back and have us wonder what's your next???
  13. josve

josve Active Member

Congratulations with another outstanding build!!
  14. OldSalt

OldSalt Member

As they say down east - Finest kind! That's another mighty purty build!
  15. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

Beautiful work Rick!
  16. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Thanks all for the input throughout and at the end! All in all this one did not turn out for me as nice as the Hellcat, but then it was a lot more complicated. I'd like to think I learned a few more things, so it's all good!