Build: Maly's A-10 Thunderbolt II

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by exzealot, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

The gun................. is looking good!

I remember the first time I walked up on one of the bad boys........... I knew what it had up front, but BOY! OH BOY! starring down the barrels of "the gun" WILL make you want to wet your pants!sign1

I have a mental picture of what that helicopter looked like floating to the ground that two of these guys happen to find trying to escape durring the liberation of Kuwat.

That is one BIG bullet.

Again great job on this "Hog", please keep the pictures comming:thumb:

Koncho's models are nice and build up to make very, very good looking models! I keep saying I'm going to upscale to 1/33 his Buckeye...........hmmmmmm maybe over the new years break. Everybody knows how I feel about red and white airplanes:rolleyes:
  2. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Very nice! Good info on the round elements. Makes sense, but I did not known that. Good info to remember in the future.

3. Alcides

Alcides Member

I like your build. Really nice. Waiting for more pictures.

by the way I think the plane looks great!!! One of my favorites modern planes like the phantom f4 , boeing x-32 :p
  4. modelperry

modelperry Member

I am enjoying this thread. Fairchild built these in Hagerstown MD just one town south of where I live. When I was kid, they would test fly these in pairs over the house all the time. Way cool:cool:

5. Gainer

Gainer Member

Nice hawg. I noticed that the mouth goes from black to blue then back to black. Is there a reason or is it like that in real life? Looks nice.
  6. exzealot

exzealot Member

I had not noticed this until you mentioned it. I looked at the actual model, and the RH side has a tint of blue in it, but the LH side is perfectly black (same part). :confused: It is barely noticeable on the model, but my camera accentuates everything.

Thanks for the heads-up.

7. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

a1 a10 model enjoying tracking your thread whilst i build my catalina.look forward to seeing more :thumb:
  8. exzealot

exzealot Member

Here is a picture of the Maverick missiles - rescaled from Kanchos website.

Attached Files:

9. amos357

amos357 a-c

10. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Ken, this model is looking just beautiful!

Very Good Job!!
  11. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Ken: Very nice work on what is also one of my favourite aircraft!

You also need one of our new and improved pilot figures for this bird!

I'll put you in the build queue!
  12. hpept

hpept Member

Excellent build of beautiful aircraft.
  13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Beautiful!! --It's somewhat a pity that this one has all the landing gear details but doesn't have a gear well.........