Build: Goodyear F2G Super Corsair, 1:32, Gremir

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by rlwhitt, Jan 27, 2007.

1. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

And a rear quarter view to finish off!

Attached Files:

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Beautiful job, beautiful plane!

Well done, Rick!

3. barry

barry Active Member

Looks beautiful and it sits nicely on the undercart always the sign of a first class build.
  4. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

WOW! WOW! And WOW!!! That's truly beautiful :) Congrats on a great build Rick! And, also to Will for a truly great design. GOOD SHOW!!

5. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Wrap up summary…

A few end notes:

This was a fun and interesting build. Not a beginner’s model, but for the more experienced it goes together nicely. I have to compliment Will on the overall fit of everything. I don’t have a lot of experience to draw on, but what I do have tells me this is designed about as well as most kits out there. I have identified a few small nits here in this thread (mostly documentation issues) and anticipate that they will be used to update the files. That’s another nice thing about downloaded models – can’t do that after a print run!

I’ll reiterate one thing that impresses me about this kit, and that is the wide range of builder’s choices designed in, so as to make the build more simple or complex as the builder desires. Build the engine or not, flaps extended or not, movable control surfaces or not, etc. That’s a powerful feature, IMHO.

So, don’t hesitate to take the plunge on this one – it’ll be fun!
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Rick see's a beauty!

If you keep building red and white airplanes people are going to think you have my desease............. it seem that I can only make re-colors of red and white planes................

Will you should feel as proud as Rick................ a great build of a great design!

Congratulations to you both!

7. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Thanks everyone!

@John, re: Red & White planes - funny :) I had not intended things to work out that way, I really prefer planes in miltary garb, but this one just cried out "build me"! Now, back to our regularly scheduled drab program.

8. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

First off, hats off to Will and Rick, I think this will be the first Card that I PAY for. Great job to you both. and thanks.
  9. Clashster

Clashster Member

Beautiful, Rick! Great job on Will's great design! Really enjoyed this one!

10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Excellant work my friend, this one looks to be one tough but well fitting bird. Time to hoist a few, watch some mindless telly, and think about the next project.
  11. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Wow! I am seriously impressed. I didn't know it could look that good. Hats off to you Rick I especially like that hub. And I'm glad you picked up on that bronze color I was stretching to my limits to come up with a passable natural metal color without using metal paper without trying to make part of it bronze. Again looks awesome!
  12. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

That is EXACTLY my plan. The next project is well into planning stages, but tonight (what's left of it) is all about chillin'!

13. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Thanks Will! As for the bronze color, I thought I'd throw this out there. I'm in the very early stages of trying to figure out how to mix paints to get what I want. I'm not artistic so color theory and all that for me is limited to my geek side - that everything can be made with the right combo of RGB! I just got a 24 color acryllic set from the local craft store so I just tried to combine what I had in there. What I guessed looked like bronze in the picture seemed to be a sort of "metallic brown", so I mixed gold and brown for my attempt. I don't think I got it just right, but it's an OK start.

14. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

A new question for Will (or anyone else that knows):

My Son asked me why one prop blade is white? I wondered this myself earlier, but did not pursue the answer. My initial SWAG is that it is some sort of aid for using a tachometer to measure blade RPM, but that's just a guess. Anyone know the real scoop?

15. josve

josve Active Member

Congratulations with an impressive build Rick!!
    I have really enjoyed this thread.
    So you resting!! Jump on to the next one :)
  16. Willja67

Willja67 Member

From my research it was purely cosmetic. It gave the optical illusion that the prop was spinning in slow motion.
  17. Texman

Texman Guest

Absolutely stunning. Well done my friend.

18. Ben Gal

Ben Gal Member

Wonderful subject and build thread

I'v ordered one.

Rick, what is the coating (air brush or spray can), how many coats, before build and after.

19. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Hi Keith!

I don't ever spray before building - just don't like the way it makes the paper feel. So I sprayed once the airfame was done (before canopy, landing gear, prop, etc were put on). I used Krylon Low Odor Clear Finish - Gloss, but there are literally dozens of brands of this kind of stuff and I imagine they all are about the same. I think I sprayed about 4 coats. But as I said earlier in the thread, I think I might have sprayed in too cold an area as this did not lay down as smooth as I'd have liked (in the close up pics you can sort of see a pebbly texture). Good luck!

20. Padre

Padre Guest

Attached Files: