[Build from scratch] PzKpfw "Tiger" I

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by Przemo, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Przemo

Przemo Member

In August I started to stick this model.
    It is excellent position of distance of experienced modellers ( but not only)
    I will try to show many photos and write about problems.
  2. Przemo

Przemo Member

I have intention to introduce some new details...For example:support for radiooperator,some hydraulic and electric lines...I will show photos soon.
  3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

That has got to be one of the most precise card model builds I've seen. That gearbox is perfect, symetrical clean not a spot on it, very well done sir :!:
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Must be good at photoshop..., has to be retouched?

Impressive build. Please keep up the excellent work and photographic reporting.

5. Przemo

Przemo Member

Thank you :D
    Yes, model is retouch by waterpaints.
    More photos
  6. charliec

charliec Active Member

Great looking build.

Have you seen the mentions of the Halinski Tiger in some of the other armour threads? This kit suffers from a problem with the roadwheels and swing arms not being adequately anchored into the hull. I thought I'd mention this in case you want to take remedial action before you build over the torsion bars.

7. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Arsenal’s Tiger is an outstanding model and you are doing it justice. I noticed that you started in August sounds about right it took me 11 months to build my Tiger.

Charlie is correct my model sits on the shelf with all of the bogies (road wheels) falling off the model because the torsion (swing) arms have broken off the hull. You can see one solution to this problem at these sites.

You have built several fine armor models and perhaps you have another approach to this problem. If you do please show us how you over came this problem, I think my solution is overly complex.

Jim Nunn
  8. Przemo

Przemo Member

You speak truth Jim.Model is behind heavy and rockers bent.Most important thing is to us good glue (giving best joint)I will show solution of this problem soon.Now some photos...
  9. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

The ammo boxes are a nice touch :wink:

Jim Nunn
  10. Przemo

Przemo Member

Thanks Jim :)
    After new year I will show some new photos.
  11. Przemo

Przemo Member

New photos...
  12. ulious

ulious Member

Looking really nice Przemo.
    Please keep posting the pics.
  13. Przemo

Przemo Member

I present you my tracks...
    How it looks?
  14. tino

tino Member

Very good, you have one excellent construction.
    I would like to build one Halinski tank but the traks are to much for me.
  15. Tonino

Tonino Member

WOW :shock:

I also was afraid by the amount of work necessary to make the tracks in the "original" Halinsky way...

Then I saw this photo... Now I AM definitely afraid.

How much it takes to make one of them... your way?

That track is another proof of the incredible things a papermodeler can do. This group never stop to amaze me.

Great work, Przemo.
    This thread is a very "must have" for anyone interested in building the Tiger (me included :wink: )

16. Gil

Gil Active Member

You must where glasses...,

The treads look like they came off the real Tiger.

Keep up the beautiful work!

Best regards, Gil
  17. barry

barry Active Member

Looks real is the answer to the question I admire your tenacity.

18. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

You’re the man the track links are outstanding.

It looks like you have scratched built or modified the links that were supplied with the model. I thought that the links in the Halinski model were lacking but when I built the model I did not have the software to redraw the links and more importantly I had no idea of how to go about improving the track links.

Show us how you made the track links. I’m more the curious envious would be a better word.

Jim Nunn
  19. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Przemo

I think you need to do a paper on track building to shows how you came up with this amazing finish :shock: 8)

Very much looking forward to more on your building methods.

20. Przemo

Przemo Member

Thank you all... 8)
    This secret isHere

Now I present track link (not the final version) of Panther G tank from Halinski.I will built this tank after Tiger I.

P.S. What do you think Jim Nunn?More to real...