Build: Demon Slayer Aru from M'gakuen

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
I remember a build thread by Mark ages back, and couldn't find it... --Mark have you completed yours already?

I've just started this build a week back, after digging out the print which had been lying in my folder for half a year or so. Looking at the parts this is clearly one of the most demanding models by Suiraku (tell me about those hands >_<.........)
--Academic work is piling up so building normally takes place from midnight onwards..................

Day 1: Okay I made a start with the face. scraping the tabs and opt for backing tabs as usual. Seams are still visible however hard I try, I'll definitely paint over my next model's face for sure!

Day 2: Forehair/backhair, Aru's hair is the most complicated ever... And it was really hard to glue on the last part on the top of the head, since the entire head is closed in the end. But luckily I got away without leaving any glue stains ^^
--In the background is all the tools I have... Resource sure is limited

Day 3: Upper body, Not a lot of problems until I started attaching the arms, Suiraku seemed to have left one surface in the wrong place during unfolding and I ended up having a big white gap in the --armpit--... (Well, thank god it's under the arm) --"Don't blame Suiraku for anything, it's your problem Lex!"

Day 4: Left hand and decoration on the upper body. Each hand is a prohibitive 18 parts in total, but they go together really nicely. In making the fingers I didn't use the tabs provided, but rather ran a thin roll of paper through the 3 sections that holds them in place, the result is, well, passable... --The greatest frustration however, came after I realized I've spent a whole hour making merely 4 fingers!

That's all for now, Christmas holiday here starts on Saturday and I'll deal with her by then ^^

Attachments

• AruBuild1.JPG
    AruBuild1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 38
  • AruBuild2.JPG
    AruBuild2.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 50
C

cgutzmer

Very cool! Looks like some really nice work on that hair!
Chris

M

Mark_1984

Hi Lex,

I'm afraid my Aru got abandoned. It wasn't going that well, and there was a lot of work still to do, so I cut my losses and it got scrapped. Anyway, Here is my unfinished build thread.
http://forum.zealot.com/t146073/

I'm looking forward to seeing how yours comes on.

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
It's so sad to hear that Mark... That means I can't afford to have this one unfinished too :mrgreen:

A bit more progress today, finished the entire torso. The hips were a bit of challenge and wasn't quite clean... But once they covered with outer clothes there's no way to tell :cool: Photos!

Attachments

• AruBuild3.JPG
    AruBuild3.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 18
  • AruBuild4.JPG
    AruBuild4.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 17
  • AruBuild5.JPG
    AruBuild5.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 17
M

Mark_1984

Wow, your hands came out well. Waaaaaaaaaaaay better than my attempt.

She's really coming along nicely Lex. This model is on my to do list, but I could never quite figure out from the photos I've seen how to display her. Is she laying on her side, standing on one toe, crawling? The pose is very dynamic, but I can't tell what she's supposed to be doing. I'm very interested to see how you display yours.
Regards,
Don

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Reached the finish line today! The ribbon on her hair took a little while to get the shape right since the pdo file doesn't show it. Fortunately there is a photo showing the arrangement, and I could folloow that shape in the photo.

but I could never quite figure out from the photos I've seen how to display her.
Exactly... I'm confused on this matter too... The author included stands in the pdo file but it takes a while to figure out how they're used. Eventually I came up with this pose (see below) which looks -just- passable. Anyway it's still a great display model.

Attachments

• AruBuild6.JPG
    AruBuild6.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 27
  • AruBuild7.JPG
    AruBuild7.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 16
  • AruBuild12.JPG
    AruBuild12.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 13

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Last word, I've been searching the origins of this character and found it to be a Japanese game... I was eager to play, before discovering it is rated an 18+ H-game >_< Got to wait another year before I can play it :curse:......

At last, season's greetings to all!

Attachments

• AruBuild8.jpg
    AruBuild8.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 31
  • AruBuild10.JPG
    AruBuild10.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 24
  • AruBuild11.jpg
    AruBuild11.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 18
  • AruBuild9.jpg
    AruBuild9.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 21

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Thanks for the kind words guys. This is indeed the toughest model I've seen yet... I am eager to see more people building these models in the forum ^^