Buggy Abuse.....UPDATE

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by tfhughes_28, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Hey all,

With buggy season comming to a close due to old man winter (I live in Nova Scotia, Canada) I decided to give my Duratrax Axis one last good rip before it becomes a dust collector for the winter months. My neibour has a kick#@$%oval dirt track that we run on. Right now the track is a complete mud bog (about 2-4 inches of sloppy mud), I figured might as well make the final run a good one right....Hell ya. Here is a pic after 45 mins of running. Enjoy and let me know what ya think. Thx for lookin.

2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

looks like you had a blast dude...snow dont stop me...well i dont liekt o run my electric in it but my savage should be fun
  3. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ya you gotta take liek the whole thing apart...hose it down first.lol
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

3 words that-is-crazy :)
  6. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

7. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Thx guys. I'm into about 3 1/2 hrs of cleaning time so far and i haven't yet touched the front or rear bulkhead/diff assembley. I figure another 4-5hrs should finish the job. 45 mins of mud boggin translates into around 10hrs of cleaning time...lol.
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

9. tnx

tnx Member

1 word: [:0]
  10. danielh89

danielh89 Member

Unusual canopy thermoforming technique

well it gives you some thing to do well theres snow on the ground lol
  11. bandit1

bandit1 Member

Thats one of the coolest RC pics I've seen yet!! If only they could get that mudded up and dirty n just clean themselves! ya.....right.

PS-The best RC pic....Brittney Spears with her revo!!
  12. xerox

xerox Member

yo man that is crazzzzzzzzzzzzy
    thats looks like you have a really great time and i was thinking why r u going to p[ut it away for the winter i have a nitro rs4 mt2 and i will be driving it in the snow like i did to my nitro rush and if you want to drive it in the snow all you have to do is water proof you inportant things like servos and reciever and then go buck wild and let the fury go like you did already so have fun.

13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

That's a word?:D
  14. tnx

tnx Member

yep :D well sorta...right?[xx(] :)
  15. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

I would air out the motor and all the electronics, remove them and then hose it down with water, then air dry it, then WD40 it then air dry it again...

Shouldn't take longer than two hours...

Thats what I do with my SAVAGE 25...

PS Must have been 45 minutes of pure fun...
  16. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

17. Swwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeettttttt.. man i've seen real trucks and buggys come from 4-wheelin trips cleaner then that thing ever wish to be.. don't put it way though for the winter..after bashing it like that i don't think the old man winter could hurt it any worse.. just ballon up all the electronics and tune the motor to run right in the snow.. just don't lean it out to much..
  18. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I had just thought of something, let the snow clean it for you :D It is water so ruin it in the snow and yes of course bag the electronics but try and get it alittle cleaner from the snow lol
  19. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

If you think that mess of mine could be cleaned in 2 hrs or less......your on crack [8]. I'm already into the cleaning process for about 6 1/2 hrs and still have the front diff/bulkhead assembly to clean.

When i clean my buggies, i COMPLETELY dismantle the buggy...engine and all. That includes taking apart all 3 diffs, cleaning them in varisol and re-lubing them. Also the engine has to be completely tore down, cleaned...then rebuilt. I don't do a half-assed job...after a run like that i have to be picky about the clean up.....SO I CAN DO IT AGAIN....LMAO

Yes......it was an awesome 45 mins of pure punishing pleasure. Everyone should try it at least once.[^]
  20. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Hey Guys,

I finally got a FlashCard reader so i can download the pics from my good digital camera. There are 2 pics taken one the day of the abuse (with the good camera). You can really see the extent of the mud and condition that it was in after the mud run.

Also there is a pic of the buggy after 10 hrs of cleaning, scrubing and rebuilding. Let me know what ya think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.