Bugatti airplane

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Billy Leliveld, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Bugatti 100 P Aircraft Photos

Thank you, David,

This is a MAJOR achievement. Every nook and cranny of this amazing aircraft is documented, thanks to your dedicated work.
    The question is now; who will pick up the gauntlet and tackle the design of the first card model?

All the best,
    Bengt :thumb:
  2. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i start to work on 1

i just have some problem with the tail
  3. sakrison

sakrison Member

I had fun doing it and the museum staff was happy to give me access to the airplane. Thanks to Billy for getting the photos up so quickly.

No worries,
  4. This is so nice, this is what the internet was made for...
    Yaniv, how are you doing? Need any help or testbuilder?,sign1 the queue starts here...
    Cheers, Billy aussie
  5. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Hi if its of interest there is a model of this beautiful plane here Alberto - Modelos de Papel although I have only just found it so don't know what its like.
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Bugatti 100 P ("Pegasus") Racer Aircraft Model

It´s the very basic and simple (and very small) model of Ettore Bugatti´s plane that has been around for a while - you´ll find it in one of the first pages of this thread.

All the best,
  7. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Sorry about that I should of checked the whole thread, Oh well I shall keep trying.
  8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

BIG Bugatti Racer Cut-away Drawing

This is a very long thread and it´s not easy to keep track of what has been posted at the very beginning.

Look here what Alcides/Luis has found out there on the web - a big cut-away artist drawing (by Hubert Cance) of the Bugatti P 100 racer:

This is the page where it is found:
    I can imagine this must be very helpful for a Bugatti model designer?

Thanks, Luis!
  9. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i just need to found the time to back on work on it

all the time WORK WORK WORK its kill me :(
  10. Alcides

Alcides Member

Hey !!! Bengt this was my post !!! :x :curse:

Just joking, when I saw the drawing I thought was a nice addition to this thread but was too late and I needed sleep.

and you can call me "Luis Alcides", Alcides is just my middle name :thumb:

11. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Sorry . . .

I am sorry, Luis,

for 'stealing' your entry. When I found that excellent cut-away drawing I thought I would see to it rightaway that it got to this thread, where it could be of assistance to yaniv, Emil Zarkov or any other designer who wants to design the Bugatti racer. I know yaniv is working on it and this drawing shows a lot of detail, as well as the internal structure. Combined with David´s excellent photos and some plans, we now have very good documentation.

It really is a very interesting page that you have found, by the way - so many fine drawings of many of the finest aircraft in history.

All the best,
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

13. I've been quite busy with 'real work ' lately, not that much time on the computer, but how are you going Janiv? love to hear something about the progress...
    Cheers, Billy
  14. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Bugatti Model 100 'Pegasus' Racer Aircraft Model Project

Old news, I´m afraid, gcsmith,

That is Alberto´s small scale paper model.
    Did you happen to read pages 1, 2 or 6 of this thread, by any chance . . ?

All the best,
  16. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

Bagatti Racer

I don't know how I missed those posts! (Head must have been up a dark place)!wall1
  17. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

billy no progres to mach

alots of real work and no time to hobbys
    i will tray to work on it this weekl
  18. Same here... but next 2 week off and with Christmass coming, I might finish something...
  19. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Bugatti Model 100 'Pegasus' Racer Aircraft Plans

Hi Golden Bear,

Take a look at the bottom of page 1 of this thread - there you will find a (low-res) part of Gus Morfis´plan for a R/C balsa model. It is pretty detailed and if you combine it with, for example, the exploded view and color painting by artist Hubert Cance (above), you can probably go a long way.
    Here are the specs for the plane from the AirVenture museum in Oshkosh: Bugatti Model 100 Racer Specifications

Good luck!

By the way, The Bugatti aircraft Association arranges a special conference on the future and possible revival of the Bugatti 100 P aircraft in Paris on February 16/17, 2008: Bugatti Aircraft Association

The Bugatti Revival Project´s home page (not active yet - in French):
    Page d'accueil
  20. Peter the Ingrate

Peter the Ingrate New Member