Bugatti airplane

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Billy Leliveld, Oct 12, 2007.

1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i will tray but cant pramiss my friends

no mach time for work on my hobbys

also its looks like hard 1 to make in 3d

but i will tray :)
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Too many beautiful planes and too little time.............
  3. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

u so right lex

any one can pleas ehelp me

i start to paly with the drow i found here of the RC buggeti

any obe can please make me the drow ratet in strigt line and not in oblique line?

i need for now the up view and the side view
  4. sakrison

sakrison Member

I live 20 minutes from Oshkosh and I have written for many of the displays there. If you need reference photos--a "walk-around"--I can take them. The curator will give me whatever access I need. He allowed me to crawl over, under, in, and around the museum's DH Mosquito with my camera a year ago.

The Bugatti is now on the floor of the main gallery, with gear down, so I can get up close for detail shots. I'll get the photos; someone will need to give me a place to post them.

5. Alcides

Alcides Member

I have 5 or more Megabytes available to put the pictures on line. I really love the plane so If you take the pictures I can put the pictures online.

I think sooner or later we are going "to catch" some designer :twisted:

6. sakrison

sakrison Member

I'll call the museum and set it up.
  7. I noticed that Bowdenja already posted a thread, more then a year ago...
    There are some interesting links there,
    BTW, would'nt the picture in the barn make a great diorama?The car must be a Peugeout 203...
    Just dreaming away a bit..
    Cheers, Billyaussie
  8. Close-up pictures of the interiour!!! Thanks for all this, this can become really something!!
    Cheers, Billy
  9. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

close up pic of the tail will be very helpfull also if we can found some good drowing of it (the RC drawing are realy cool but i need to make them "0" rate)

If you like that you'll love this:

Attached Files:

11. I know some of Colani's work but this COOL!!:-o
    Cheers, Billyaussie
  12. sakrison

sakrison Member

I have good digital SLR and I'll shoot a snootful of pictures. I'll also check with the EAA Library to see what documentation they might have. I might be over there this Thursday. Otherwise, it could be 2 or 3 weeks. But I'll get it done.

Stay tuned,
  13. archangel1

archangel1 Member

After all this stimulation, figured I'd take the Bugatti up for a spin! Here's a couple of shots. Hope they don't take up too much space. I don't know how to work with thumbnails.

Mike :wave:
  14. sakrison

sakrison Member

I have permission to photograph the Bugatti. I just spoke with Ron Twellman, Curator at EAA. He says, "No problem." The engine compartments are empty and inaccessible but I can have access to the cockpit to take detail photos. I hope to get over there on Thursday.

I'll work out how and where to post the photos. If you have suggestions, e-mail me at

No worries,
  15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Bugatti 100 P Experimental Racer Aircraft

Wow, David,

That is wonderful news! Bring a small tripod (or a monopod) - it´s sometimes better to use available light than a flash. You don´t get the shiny reflexes in metallic or glass surfaces.

I am looking forward to see some detail in that cockpit. Try to get close on the props and spinner and the air intakes on the wings, too. And the landing gear wells . . .

Boy oh boy, this will be a 'first' really close look on this aircraft. I hope they will grant you enough time. Best of luck.

Bengt :wave:
  16. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

:cry: the engines were removed by a previous owner, apparenly a bugatti engine collector.
  17. If it's any help, i can host the pictures, so the can be available for everybody...
    Cheers, Billy
  18. dansls1

dansls1 Member

If I read all this correctly, the engines were pulled from their car lineup anyway, so with any luck there should be reference detail out there on them if somebody wanted to include that detail in a model.
  19. Emil_Zarkov

Emil_Zarkov Member

Hi All,
    I visited the Oshkosh EAA museum in this summer together with 2 friends that are list members. The Bugatti 1/32 precise paper model is on my task list for design.
  20. dansls1

dansls1 Member

That is good news! :thumb: