Hey folks...I figure since I am having trouble cutting out parts of Marek's PBY for now, I'd do something a little more challenging or easier, whichever you prefer. I have decided to repaint GPM's B-52D and make it look nice and proper-like. This is my first attempt at something like this, and I am sure the way I am doing it is not only the hard way, but the "where did you come up with that idea" way. It took me a while to figure out a way of doing it and I finally came up with doing the redraw in TurboCAD, saving the redraw lines as DXF, importing to a conversion program I have, saving as a TIFF file, opening the TIFF in Paint Shop Pro, redoing the color, then resizing and saving. Works well for me. Anyway, here are some of the problems I have come across with the model. The nose is designed more like the H model than that of the D model which the kit represents. I am working on fixing that at the moment. Aside from markings, which are incorrect -- WWII style insignia is used on the model -- I have mentioned before that the kit model is painted in two browns and one green, whereas the official SEA paint scheme for the Big Belly D models was two greens and a tan -- FS colors 34079, 34159 and 34201, along with a gloss black color on the lower portions. It took me a while to get the correct colors to show up on my system, but I finally did. In the process of researching the colors, I found that on the net there are like four different shades of 34079 and almost as many of the other two colors also. Getting the right combination of the right shades was a fun project, so I thought I would post a progress image of the repaint. I also am not happy with the tail gun design and have been looking at it wondering if I should work on it or not. It's not so much the gun as it is the radar. Its a bit short in spots and I think might be more trouble than its worth to redesign. I still need to fix the tail number under the nose. Its in the wrong spot and the wrong size. I just replaced the old 677 number with 674 to get the proper low visibilty dull red color. It should also have a 0 in front of it...0674. I chose this tail number, as I was able to locate an image of this aircraft. It was also one of the B-52s shot down during Linebacker II. The crew onboard the aircraft were assigned to Kincheloe AFB which is where I was stationed at the time. They flew with the call sign "Ebony 2." On Dec. 26, 1972, the aircraft was hit by a SAM and crashed near Giap Nhi, North Vietnam. Of the six man crew, two were killed when the missle detonated, the other four were taken POW and returned several months later. I have only done two pages so far and have taken a day to do each one. I do make a lot of mistakes 8v) But it has been fun and I hope it continues to be fun. Finally, when I finish the repaint, I will hopefully build at 1:100 scale.