Buck Rogers WarHawk

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ThunderChild, Nov 29, 2009.

1. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

My next design. Here are some caps of the 3D model for ya so long!

Attached Files:

2. Red

Red Member

this looks pritty cool :thumb:
    i would like to have this one

4. cp1963

cp1963 New Member

NICE!!! This is my favorite ship from Buck Rogers. I am looking forward to this one. Thank you.
  5. Werewolf8

Werewolf8 New Member

Favorite ship from buck rogers? Try top 5 favorite ships of all time! Can't wait for this one! looks awesome!:thumb:
  6. blaar

blaar Member

Awesome. Going to be great seeing it on paper.
  7. joejoejedi

joejoejedi New Member

Hey this looks great, do the wings retract?
  8. ThunderChild

Thanks guys!

JJJ: Nope, the wings do not retract, but I am designing the canopy, wings and talons in such a way that you can easily do some creative modding for yourself.
  9. Kjev

Kjev Member

And in addition to what I wrote *elsewhere* (ahem)

And my joy is complete, at only 5:30 AM.
  10. Red

Red Member

ThunderChild :thumb:
    How big are you going to make your Buck Rogers WarHawk? :mrgreen:
    announce1 I'm hoping about a foot or two in length.
    it is always easyer to scale down then up.:twisted:
  11. ThunderChild

Thanks Kjev, guess I just got tired of waiting for someone else do do it... :D :D :D

Red, I am aiming for it to be the same scale as the masterpiece of a papermodel Thunder Fighter that is available at paperaviation.de. If memory serves it's about 1:32 or some such. If you don't have that one yet, I seriously recommend it. It's an amazing model.
  12. gleasure

gleasure Member

13. gleasure

gleasure Member

Just saw where someone else posted the "battlebuck" link in a similar thread on Paper Modelers. :oops:

C'est la vie!

14. ARKIII

ARKIII New Member

if u want the right pics drawings for the hawk let me know,

I allso have the model resin kit & the person who made it did a crap job , but its the only one on the markit,,

how ever thaire is a small one out of the uk, & u can find it on e-bay but the cost is high, for a small kit of the hawak ship but it dose look good its the big one i have thats sucks ,

all i need is a scaner& drawing tablit ,then i can do a better scrath biuld of the Hawk fighter, { scanner type u can hook up to pc,& drawing tablit to get better scimatics of the hawk fighter,

& I do have a few pick of the the ship from a friend,.
  15. ThunderChild

Thanks for the help guys, but the model is nearly done. The only references I actually need are detail pics of the cockpit if anyone has them.
    Unfortunately these are scarce. I contacted battlebuck, not even they could help me with the inside, so I'm going forward without cockpit.
  16. gleasure

gleasure Member

Hmm... No pics of the cockpit, unfortunately. Bear with me for a moment for this next part.

Given the amount of "re-purposing" done with Mr. Larson's shows, is it possible they simply used an existing cockpit set (as in from a Thunderfighter)?

My reasoning: Hawk's ship was basically a one-off, used only in one episode to introduce his character. (At least I don't recall it in any other episode, I could be wrong.)

Look at how much was reused/repurposed:

Ardala's shuttle (from film/pilot episode) = Vorvon(?) ship
    Lyran Queen = Searcher
    Ranger 3 (Buck's 1987 shuttle) = Shuttle from the Searcher
    (minus the tail but with added winglets, also possibly the "Pumpkin Shuttle" from Battlestar Galactica(?) )
    And I'm pretty sure the shuttle from Galactica was used in the episode with the ambassador who could remove his head.

So... There you have it. If I'm wrong about this, I'm going to blame time (and Wilma Deering) for faulty memories! :mrgreen:

In any event, looking forward to the model!
  17. ThunderChild

It's more than just likely! I do recall seeing the Warhawk in another episode, where Buck gets tried in court for treason, for starting the nuclear holocaust. Had that episode on a betamax tape long time ago...
    However, I decided to not stray too far from canon. I did design the nose and canopy in such a way that it shouldn't be too difficult building your own cockpit though...
  18. ThunderChild

Not the cleanest of builds, but it's done!
    Some pics for all.

Attached Files:

• WF1.jpg
      File size:
      78.3 KB
    • WF2.jpg
      File size:
      90.9 KB
    • WF3.jpg
      File size:
      60.5 KB
    • WF4.jpg
      File size:
      77.9 KB
    • WF5.jpg
      File size:
      65.7 KB
  19. gleasure

gleasure Member

And a thing of beauty it is...

Good job!
  20. Red

Red Member

this looks real good.:thumb:
    :mrgreen: So where do i go to download this (please):mrgreen:.