Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. clif52

clif52 Banned

These are great!!! I love the Buck Rogers series. I've been looking for photos to make a diorama of the New Chicago Hanger but I think I'll have to make screen captures from the DVD. Theres not much on the web.

2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I would love to see it once youare done.
  3. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

oH ! wow...............thant's very cool !!!!

IT's looke like a new viper model and love the landing gear.

Can this landing gear go's with the Ninjato's viper paper model ?

Have à nice life`
    "So say we all"
  4. Rhaven Blaack

Thank you one and all for the compliments. they are GREATLY appreciated.
    Hopefully soon, everyone will be able to add this kit to your collection.
  5. Rhaven Blaack

Unfortunately the answer to you question is, no. There is a difference between the the two types of landing gear.

bsg-viper-03.jpg viper_1.jpg
    Colonial Viper landing gear is THREE POINT SYSTEM.

Nose_gear_detail.jpg Starfighter MK-I.jpg
    ED Thunder Fighter Landing gear has only this front skid and uses the rear lower wings as rear landing skids.
  6. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

This is too awesome! Thank you!!!!
  7. Rhaven Blaack

I am glad to hear that you like it. You are more then welcome.

UPDATE: Everything has been sent to Martin. We are now just waiting for him to approvel it and upload the kit to his site.
  8. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Thank you all very much for your comments! :thumb:

Martin likes the kit and will gladly place it on his site within the next few days. RB and I will inform you when it is available, so stay tuned!:wave:
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Very COOL!! :)
  10. Rhaven Blaack

The wait is over!!!

announce1Ladies and gentlemen, the wait in now over. Martin Saenger has now posted the kit for the cockpit interior and landing gear.

announce1announce1announce1SO THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT BUILDING THESE WONDERFUL MODELS!!!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Thank you one and all for all of teh support and encouragement that each and everyone of you have given both RF and I.
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

12. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Downloaded!!!!!! #@!& $#!% It's like my birthday, in February!!! Thank you Rhaven Blaack, Revell Fan and of course, Martin Saenger!!

Now to enlarge to 1:18 and finish my large Thunderfighter. Build pics to come.
  13. Rhaven Blaack

I am definitely looking forward to seeing those pics.
  14. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Excellent work guys! Know that it's greatly appreciated.
    It'll be a while before I get the time to start building (or designing) again but This is most definitely in the top 5 of my to-do list!
  15. Revell-Fan

PM me if you need a rescaled version of the cockpit interior parts! I'd love to see your finished fighter! :thumb:
  16. Revell-Fan

Just thanked Martin for uploading the files. He is a great man and a great designer (don't wanna steer away from the TF topic but take a look at his 2010 space station)!
  17. arkon

arkon Member

for the BSG colored version ,do i have to recolour it or is there one i can print?
  18. Rhaven Blaack

For the BSG coloured versions, you will have to recolour the model yourself.
    Here are the pics that Revell-fan and I used to recolour our fighter.

I used this one for mine.

Revell-fan used this one for his.

It really is not that difficult to do. You can either open the files in GIMP or MS PAINT to recolour them.

Either way you go, I wish you good luck and look forward to seeing your work.
  19. arkon

arkon Member

not sure what GIMP is ( childish snicker) , but i am not to good with paint ,but i will give it a try!
  20. Rhaven Blaack

Working in MS PAINT really is not that hard to do. I would have to say that it is the easiest of all of the programs for doing such. It is also one of the most basic programs as well.

Here you mate, this is the website for GIMP. Check it out: http://www.gimp.org/.

Revell-fan told me about GIMP. I have been playing with it. I need to learn more about it myself.

Either way, good luck with it.