Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Tf recolour

For those of you who are interested in recolouring the original model of the TF in BSG colours, here are the pic's that RF and I used for such:

Good luck and enjoy!!!
  2. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

PIOUSHHH!!!! (Turbos kicking in!)
  3. Revell-Fan

Yeah, and guess why... The TF was the first draft of the classic Viper. You'll see the original concept fighter by Ralph McQuarrie soon.:twisted:
  4. F131

F131 Member

Ohhhhh, pretty in red.
  5. Revell-Fan

Revision of the cockpit interior parts is complete and I'm working on the assembly instructions. These add-ons are so cool that I would never build another TF without them any more. Here are some preview pics of the upcoming landing gear (side view) and the new parts for the Ralph McQuarrie (RMQ) Concept Viper (red areas). I modeled them in SketchUp and will soon bring them to the "real" world. The RMQ Viper is very interesting because it is a direct link between BSG and Buck. The landing gear will be released together with the cockpit interiors in one add-on package, the RMQ Viper will be part of the next wave of TF mods (yes, RB and I have more than one new plane in the works ;-) !).

Attached Files:

Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I personally am so impressed with your modeling technique. This forum rocks. Out Sci-Fi and Fantasy rules! Everyone here belongs to multiple forums, myself included, but this is really starting to grow into a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, TRAINS TOO forum. It makes it far easier to find and follow what your interested in. If not in size or volume, then in spirit! :)

7. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Landing gear too! It's like Christmas all over! Thank you!!!!!
  8. Rhaven Blaack

Or your birthday (or what ever you wish to celebrate).
    To make things easier for everyone, RF and I agreed that it would be a good idea to have both the landing gear and the cockpit interiors together in just one kit.
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

:mrgreen:Big bump!!:thumb:
  10. Rhaven Blaack

Rmq concept viper

For those of you who are uncertain as to what this fighter looks like, here are some pics of it.

11. Rhaven Blaack

Does this mean that you will make this thread a "STICKY"?:twisted::twisted::twisted:
  12. Absolutely Awesome, Gil is from my home town and somewhat of a hero. The hometown boy who made it big in hollywood from Arkansas. Kool in my book.

13. Rhaven Blaack

Long time no see Husker. Thank you for the compliment.
    I think that one of these fighters would look good sitting next to a MK-II on your hanger deck. What do you think?
    I think that a TF can fly wing with a Viper with no problems.
  14. Revell-Fan

hamrhamrhamrIT'S STICKY! IT'S STICKY! hamrhamrhamr

That's great! Thank you very much. And a big thanks to all the fans for their patience and for keeping the forum and the spirit alive.

Oh, and a little update (well, not really that much, but I was curious to see how everything might look in the end and applied a preliminary texture). (Big thanks to CanisD for his sketch!) Stay tuned! :wave:

Attached Files:

15. Rhaven Blaack

If this is a glimse of things to come, then this will be an amazing model indeed.

I am really looking forward to adding this plane to my collection.
  16. Rhaven Blaack

Sneak peak

Here is a sneak peak at the next TF packet.
    I have finished the test building of the landing gear. Here are the photos for your viewing pleasure.

IMAG0005.jpg IMAG0011.jpg IMAG0013.jpg

Revell-fan is adding some finishing touches and making sure that everything is OK and then will send it off to martin for approval and release.
  17. Revell-Fan

Landing gear complete

Hello, my friends!

Here is some eye candy for you: the landing gear prototype (and some beauty shots of the New BSG TF). It consists of 17 new and 2 modified parts from older kits. Some of them are pretty small, so take your time and work carefully. Especially the tubes and the two knobs are very challenging. The instructions are ready, too. RB has tested everything and gave me green light to send the package to Martin and ask him to upload it on his website so that all of you can enjoy this great addition. Till then, enjoy the pics! CU! :wave:

To RB: Great builds! You might think the gear has always been there!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Attached Files:

18. arkon

arkon Member

i really dig the BSG colours!! might have to make a second thunderfighter.. keep up the good work!!
  19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

These are some bad ass space ships! :)
  20. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

SuperCOOL! Can't wait! :D