Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Thank you for the kind words. For the most part, the model is very straight forward (if you pay attention to the instructions). Granted, there are a few slightly tricky areas, but like I said, if you pay attention to the instructions, you should not have any real problems.

I am not certain of the final weight of the model, but i can tell you that the weight of the paper itself is 250 g/m2 cardstock (this is what I have right at this time). Although, the creator of the original model (Martin Saenger) suggest to use 160 g/m2.

So when can we see your build thread?
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Thank you. I am enjoying the builds.

I am now working on the QUAD placement parts.
    The QUAD is posing a few problems and challenges (but not really anything that I can not handle).

Moe photos will come soon.
  3. Kjev

Kjev Member

4. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Yep, I use 160 g/m2 for all my builds.
  5. Rhaven Blaack

Finished initial test build of quad cockpit interior placement parts

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have finished the initial test build of the QUAD cockpit placement parts.
    I have sent everything to Revell-fan for final testing, clean up, and texture.
    Once he is done, he will send everything to Martin Saenger for approval and hosting on his website.
    Hopefully it will not take too long.

DSCN4678.jpg DSCN4679.jpg DSCN4680.jpg DSCN4681.jpg

6. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

I'm really thinking about upping these two builds to the top of my list once they are up.
  7. Rhaven Blaack

Thank you. I am looking forward to seeing your builds.
  8. Revell-Fan

RB: Holy cow, that's fantastic! The cockpit interiors fit into the original design as if they had always been part of the original kit. Congratulations on this one! :inw:

I am currently working on the assembly instructions and the layout of the parts pages.

I have recoloured the original plans to make the TF in New BSG colours and will add the cockpit interior and the landing gear to it. So stay tuned! :wave:
  9. Rhaven Blaack

Thank you. It did take some doing. It was an effort of trial and error. I had to use quite a bit of MK-1 EYE-BALL to make certain that everything would fit.
    It was also a team effort. Without you redesigning my original concept, I do not think that this would have worked out as well as it did.
    So with that being said, You also get deserve a great deal of credit for this project as well.

I am looking forward to seeing this next project.
  10. Revell-Fan

You are always welcome!
  11. Rhaven Blaack

I am very sorry for the wait and lack of updates.
    Just to let everyone know, this is not a dead project. both Revell-fan and I have been busy with a few things that had to come first (UNFORTUNATELY).
    We are bot back on track and will be releasing more expansion packets soon.

Thank you for your patients and understanding.
  12. Revell-Fan

Please be patient...

To all fans: RB is right. This thread is not dead! He and I have joined forces to make the BSG fleet larger. The reason for this is that I received many queries concerning the New Cylon Base Star, Colonial One and Colonial Movers from the BSG ship pack I unfolded a year ago. Both projects were paused mainly because of the TF's and I felt it was necessary to clean up my desk and finish them now. While Colonial One is already ready (and waiting for the admin's approval) RB is test-building the Base Star and I am test-building the Colonial Movers. Both builds are almost complete so that we may turn to this project again very soon. I hope you understand. Thank you very, very much. And stay tuned, we are preparing two more variants which might surprise you! RF :twisted:
  13. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey RB and RF have you ever thought about making a paper model of Uncle Martins spaceship from My Favorite Martian? Its not Battlestar Galactica but it is classic TV sci fi. I've only seen one resin model kit and I've never seen a paper model of it.

14. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Very nice cockpits! I have been modifying the seats and floor from the paper-replika Jedi fighter for my tandem cockpit, enlarged to 1:18. Your instrument panel looks great! Have you thought to mod the Thunderfighter with a nose landing gear and gear well?
  15. Rhaven Blaack

To my knowledge, that is something that we (I know that I) have not considered yet.
    Right now Ravell-fan and I have some interesting expansion packs in the works and I think that most of you will like what we are working on.
    We just have to get Martin Seanger's "APPROVEL" before anything new is released.
    The cockpit interiors will be the first to be released, just as soon as Martin approves them.
  16. Revell-Fan

The magic continues!

Hello again!

It's been quite a while but now the magic continues. After my little cruise into the BSG ship pack universe I have picked up the TF interior again. My test build of the 2-seater is complete. I have made some subtle changes to the kit plans and will send everything to RB for a last test build. If you look closely you see that the TF I'm building comes in New BSG colours. The inspiration came from a schematic by B. J. Olejnik. I recoloured the original plans with TheGimp. Since Martin does not want that recoloured plans of his kit are distributed I will not spread them unless I get his permission. So please don't ask me to send you the plans. (Nevertheless you are free to recolour the plans yourself if you want to.) Have fun and enjoy; there is a lot more to come! (Take a look at the last picture and you will see that there is something missing.... but not for long..!:twisted:)

Attached Files:

Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  17. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Very cool! I am salivating!
  18. Entlza

Entlza New Member

Very Nice! I gotta make one of these!
  19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Very cool!! I wanna fly one for real! :)
  20. arkon

arkon Member

the bsg colors look right at home!