Buck Rogers Thunderfighter built by CrimsonLine, model designed by Martin Saenger

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks RB ! I'm going to download it and use it in the next one! So far I've built 4 of them, but it's such a favorite I know there's another build in the near future for me......Maybe with landing gear down this time.
You are more than welcome.
The good thing about the new cockpit interior kit, is that the landing gear has been upgraded a bit as well. You will be able to remove it or replace it at will without worrying about it breaking.

It too is my favorite one to build as well. I plan on building more as well.

I am looking forward to seeing your builds as well.

CrimsonLine

Well, she's finished - my first completed paper craft project! Here are my final pics...

2015-01-02 10.35.01.jpg 2015-01-02 10.35.08.jpg 2015-01-02 10.35.18.jpg 2015-01-02 10.35.31.jpg

Not perfect, by any stretch: the forward cannons are askew, my sponsons aren't smooth down their length, the wings are a bit cockeyed, and so on. But I'm glad to have finished, and thoroughly enjoyed the project!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Well, I have to say that your first build of this plane looks far better than my first attempt.
You did a VERY GOOD JOB!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Indeed! This is a very nice build. Do not worry about any imperfections; it is "Buck" and every imperfection is - battle damage! ;) I'm sure your next build will be much better since you know how the parts are shaped and assembled. Keep it on, CL! :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
@CrimsonLine If you decide to build another Thunder Fighter, you (as well as anyone else reading this thread) are more than welcome to use any and all threads that I have posted as guides to help you with your build (that includes adding extra detail). If you have any questions or need help you can contact me and I will do what I can to help you.

mcusanelli

Crimson,
For a first card model, it's waaaaaay better than my first! It looks great, and you did a great job! For a first build, you chose a model that is a bit complex, and requires great care in assembly, so now you can really build anything - You should try the David Jones Starfighter, it makes a great companion piece, and has a few different lines and colors on it. Also, the engine bells are a lot easier to build, and overall, has a nice prototype look to it. I look forward to seeing more of your work!
Mike

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
I agree with the others. That is a very nice model and great for a first attempt. I started off with a cubee but you jumped in with both feet! Your future builds will seem like a whole new experience.:)