Bubba's yard sale...

shaygetz

Just some things kibbled out of styrene bits and pieces. The mowers are primarily sheet styrene with bent wire push bars and engines made from bits of sprue. The wheels are sliced styrene rods of various sizes. The shed is plain sheet styrene used for sign material at a local dept. store, scribed and shaped as needed. The roof is 400 grit sandpaper, cut into 3/16" strips and notched every 1/8". Bubba is a modified Micro Machines people. Thankfully, apartment living allows me to enjoy lawnmowers again.:p

Attachments

• yard sale.jpg
    yard sale.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 233

RailRon

Shaygetz, this is incredible! Beautiful modeling and painting job - WOW!

I'm also living in an apartment, but I hated lawnmowers just the same. My neighbor has one which makes one hell of a noise, and this EVERY Saturday morning. (He just terrorized us with his contraption this morning again :mad: :mad: :mad: ) Now I opened your thread - and suddenly even lawnmowers have their charm... (Yours are surely quieter than the real ones. :D :D )

Ron

ezdays

Out AZ way
Hmm, pink lawnmowers. It's apparent that you agree with me that mowing lawns is not man's work.:D :D Building stuff, yeah, mowing lawns, yuch.....:eek: :eek:

Really neat detailing.

Don

shaygetz

Thanks for the comments. I'm hoping to inspire folks out there who are having a tough time money wise to just dibble with their scrap box and see what comes out. I'm also hoping to steer the new comers away from the "just buy it" line of thought and flex their imaginations and talents a bit to see what satisfaction can be had for nothing but time. RailRon, the riding mower was inspired by my own neighbor who just loved to ressurect old riders. On Saturdaze, he could be found wreaking havoc on the streets, trailing a cloud of blue smoke and stinging eardrums, with the biggest cheese eatin' grin on his face. With his long hair and beard flyin' in the wind, he was quite a sight.

davidstrains

Shaygetz, this is just fantastic. I admire your talent and obvious patience to do the detail work on these items. I just may have to swing by that sale on Saturday. My daughter needs a new lawn mower and that pink one would fit the bill:D :D :D

Nice work.:) :) :)

shaygetz

Thanks guys. Actually Jmarksbery, come to think of it, seeing Tyson's tractor place prompted me to post the pic. As for the pink color, it's actually red. Sorry my low end digital camera's color reproduction abilities gonna disappoint your daughter, David:rolleyes:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's incredible microscopic modelling! Much admiration from one who is less nimble fingered! :)
Ralph

shaygetz

At 6'2", 255lbs. I can assure you that my mitts aren't nimble either. I have two large tweezers, purchased at a local Flea Market, one self closing that acts as a micro vise and another self opening that I use to apply the details. I'm so low budget, I don't even have a magnifier of any kind. I appreciate this forum group for its candor and its willingness to urge on newcomers. When I first started this hobby in 1974, I couldn't afford a whole lot so I had to get creative early on. I hope to inspire and not intimidate when I share the results of thirty + :)eek: ) years of modeling experience.

shaygetz

Drats, Blake, you've done found me out. However, I'm workin' onna DCC controlled sound module that'll have Bubba spewin' a string of explicatives as he trys to start the things:p

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Great work shaygetz
It's amazing what you have been able to do with scraps.
The detail makes the mini scene very realistic