Hi guys, Some of you may have been following the BSG fleet thread here titled,"I think Jays Galactica is lonely". You'll know that there are alot of BSG ships being covered in that thread and one of them is the Colonial Liner. There are 6 variants of this ship and one of them is the Olympic Carrier. SJSquirrel is the man behind this model and he plans to release 2 versions for each variant. One is a very long 3' verion and the other will be a smaller more managable version. Yesterday morning I recieved my beta copy of the Olympic Carrier. I love this ship and even scratchbuilt one lastyear which was also 3'. I've been quite excited about getting this model and couldn't wait to start it when SJ sent it to me. The model parts are in a 32 page PDF, with a 33rd page for reference shots and a parts breakdown. I have no instructions as they wern't complete when he sent it to me but included some great reference images which are pretty much like instructions only without the part numbers. The textures are fairly high res and printed at 100% with no problems. Well, I ran out of ink toward the end but other thn that everything is good. Due to the size SJ designed an inner frame work to add support to this model which was a nice touch but a very good idea too. This is where I started my build. Even without instructions the framework/bulkheads went together with no issues at all. SJ has included guides on these parts to make building easier. This first pic is of the forward bulkheads being assembled. I left out the rear sections for now. You'll see how I even recycled old printouts. For the bulkheads, I didn't glue the templates to thicker card for rigidness. I was a little impatient, but also didn't think it necessary. If I were to build another one(which I will), I would do this. I think 1mm card woud do the trick, just to be safe. I'd be real upset if something happened to this model that could have been avoided by adding proper support. After the forward bulkheads I attached the base. This is made up of several sections due to the size and limits of A4 format. The bulkheads line up with the base and glue. Next came the process of adding the outer skin for the ships main hull. I started with the nose. Assembling the nose section prior to adding to the base. This bit is tricky as it has to be straight and square. Once it's on though it becomes quite easy and straight forward providing you take your time. I progressed one tab at a time. *TABS* There's an undersight here on my copy. Some tabs are missing altogether. I informed SJ so that any changes could be made prior to release. This is no problem though as tabs can easily be added or removed prior to removing a part from the sheet. Later today I'll upload some images to point out where tabs were missing. More for SJ's reference than anything else. Once the nose section was on, I started to add another section of skin. This went on again with no problems and I see the ship taking shape. I couldn't get any more pics lastnight as my camera died. I'll try to get more today. This is going to be a great build. More to come later.