BSG Firearms

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jgderuvo, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Anyone have a 3D model of the BSG pistols or rifles? Seems they'd be a gas to build.
  2. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

You mean like these ones?

I remember a while ago I had scene a Firearm conversion kit for the BSG handgun. You had to buy the handgun it was modeled after though to do the conversion. Seemed like an expensive but perhaps most realistic way of making the prop. Seems like they de-evolved the sidearm to a more 'American' looking one in later seasons. Don't know why they would do that outside of cost of replacing/reproducing the earlier version.

Looks like a complex grip but it would be quite cool to make a couple of those. Perhaps our resident handgun replicator here at Zealot would have a few words on how to go about making one.
  3. clif52

clif52 Banned

I'd like to see the original Battlestar Galactica Colonial Laser Pistols and the Cylon sidearms.
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i was always surprised by the lack of imagination when it came to the weapons and vehicles(humvee, and backhoes). i have plans to do an mp-7 but not because of BSG.
  5. Longshaor

Longshaor Member

I noticed in a couple of scenes they were using British L85s. Wish I could get one of those here in the states... and that I didn't have to give up my old L1 when I moved to NJ... Anyone know what the sidearms they used in the series are?

6. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Well, I'm still looking. There are a few at Google 3D that require modification, but it's a start.
  7. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

The season 1 "blaster" looked much better than the FN Auto based version seen in later seasons. I know they introduced the FN for improved FX shooting but it doesn't have the same character.

There was a firm selling resin kits of both the first and second season designs but I think they ceased trading.

I have many of the BSG weapons in airsoft format including a pair of P90s, a pair of SA-80s, A G36 rifle and a pair of G36 carbines, a couple of MP7s plus a Vector CP1 handgun, a Skorpion machine pistol, Glock compact and the standalone granade launcher.
  8. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

sounds cool. But I thought they would be a cool card build.
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Well... the original Star Wars trilogy did use a heck of a lot of WW2 Era weapons.
  10. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

True that. However, I need to augment existing 3D models to add elements unique to the BSG revolver. At this stage it's beyond my meager 3D skills:cool:.
  11. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

i only would like to have an airsoft of CX4.

not co2, but metal gearbox AEG.