brushless motor

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ericmcgehee, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

i am considering going with the brushless esc, and motor from novac, but cant find very much info on them. does anyone know how fast they are and what motor they compare to? i know it would be great having brushless for the obvious reasons, but need more info before shelling out 240 bucks for it.i plan to put the combo in my t3. anyone have the set? if so, how do you like it?
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

The stock version run like a stock 27t motor with longer run times. I read somewhere that one of the brushless systems can be set to run like a stock or modified, I'll have to look into that some more though.
  3. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

is it true these esc's and motors increse the speed of say a ten turn ,, with equal proportionate relationship to the quality and size ( number of cells) of the pack?
  4. tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe New Member

eric I have the novak ss5800 in a stampede. It is a great motor. speeds are around 30-35 mph. why so low? well I put emaxx wheels on it so this slows down the truck. I run 7 cells and could beat my bestfriends tmaxx (stock) now that he went and spend 400.00 on a new motor it is hard to keep up with him. I am working on a emaxx now and I think I will go with a hacker something with out the sensors. I will tell you this I will not go back to brushed motors just because of the power and run times. The cost is the only thing that sucks!
  5. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

well my friend who has posted his problems on here got the ss from novak, and said the reciever keeps overheating. even when he took the motor off the spur gear, it still overheated and stut down with no load. have you had any of these problems?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.