Brown or black for wheels and/or couplers?

Chartiers

Still plays with trains
May 8, 2007
West Virginia
chartiers.50webs.com
I'm thinking ahead to switching some wheels to low profile on some rolling stock and doing some coupler work on a few cars. I noticed there now is a choice of brown or black for both the wheels and couplers. Any opinions of a preference for either?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
I'm thinking ahead to switching some wheels to low profile on some rolling stock and doing some coupler work on a few cars. I noticed there now is a choice of brown or black for both the wheels and couplers. Any opinions of a preference for either?

just depends on how realistic you want to go really. The brown is going to look a little better then the black but for the best affect and the most realism you should weather them. :thumb: :mrgreen:

engineshop

Apr 29, 2003
San Rafael, CA USA
www.engineshop.org
I just both the first pair of brown trucks and I don't like it at all. It just does not look like rusted trucks but brown colored shiny plastic.

spinemhfxb.gif

I use the brown couplers but will go back to black and rust colored powder to simulate wear and tear on the trucks.

platypus1217

Feb 27, 2007
platypus1217.blogspot.com
I don't think they look that much worse then black, but then I haven't done much weathering of my equipment. I actually just ordered some couplers and on a whim decided to get them in brown so I am hoping I won't be disappointed.

What color would brand new prototype couplers be? An metallic grey?