Broken train from ebay...

3phase

Nov 12, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida
www.suprhost.com
I finally got my loco i won on ebay yesterday and it was broken, Does anyone know how to fix this?

img_1255.jpg

img_1258.jpg

img_1259.jpg

img_1260.jpg

img_1261.jpg

img_1263.jpg

I was thinking heat gun but usully everything i do with it always turns for the worst.

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
3phase
I had a similar situation, did your engine come with a parts list? If so, there is a part number for the handrails and a phone number for their parts department. I called them and they were real nice about helping, can't remember what the charged me so it must have been reasonable!!

2slim

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
Life Like is real good about customer service. Give their 800 number a call and explain what is wrong. Good chance they'll replace the whole shell. They did for an HO engine for me when it arrived with a broken footboard.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
LL is very good about standing behind their products-give 'em a call. Now,I would simply try to gently bend it back into place.I had to do this on several of my locomotives from where the hand rail got bent during packing or shipping.

F

Fred_M

Lifelike Customer Service Department: 1-800-638-1470 (Monday-Friday, 9am to 4pm EST).

I contacted them once about ordering a part I broke during a kit-bash project. They didn't email back with costs, etc. but several days later it was in my mailbox.

I know that I've praised their customer service here before, but top-notch service is worthy of repitition.

Wayne

(By the way, I've seen mangled rails like that on 1:1 locos. Yours could be true to prototype.)

joe ramirez

Nov 26, 2004
agree

I agree with muddy creeck, leave it and weather the train a little and run with it , could be that when your trainhands were backing away from the stair well at the depot that it got hooked some how and bent. Sthingst happens
I say this because I would not like to spend the money to get it fixed, (Idon't know) but maybe your one of those guys that has to be perfect or exact, no gray area for you. In that case spend the money and get it fixed, if you are creative type which I think you would be since you are working on a model, improvise and run with it. Either way good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Joe in houston
wave.gif

3phase

Nov 12, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida
www.suprhost.com
This info is good to know, it might be a good weathering project for me to grow some skills on, and if i mess it up to bad the shell cant cost any more than $12 i'm guessing. Thank you all for helping me take a diffrent look at the cituation.