Brit Modellers, Heads UP!

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by wunwinglow, Jul 14, 2004.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

If you can measure accurately, you will be amazed how you can work accurately. So get down to your local Maplins Electronics Store (Yeah, Yeah, Hi-Dee-Hi, very funny....) and spend £19.99 on a set of THESE.....

You can also order them through their website at, product code is N48AA. Nicely made, robust in stainless steel, and a clear display which works in metric and Imperial measurements. Thats inches to our colonial brethren. Until Tony Blair changes that, along with all our honours and titles, so as to erase our awful and guilt-worthy history..... Smile!

Apologies to non-Brits out there, here in the Old Country we are currently experiencing even more spin and bad-news-burying from our Political masters than usual. And it can only get worse, what with an election looming.

Tim P
  2. barry

barry Active Member

Nice bit of gear Tim does it measure cornflake packets ?

Pity about the honours list we will never now hear the immortal words "Arise Sir Tim" never mind you can always vote for the man with a "touch of darkness around him". Oh hell all those damn speeches about choice are coming sometime along with the buses (big red things).

Never mind we can always try the colonies if they will have us.

As long as we keep the Queen, who wants President Blair!!

3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Barry! Ha! Arrise Sir Tim?! Flattery will get you anywhere. Or a Knighthood, apparently....

Cornflake packs? Oh yes.

I just popped down to the kitchen, all our cereal packets are between 0.45 mm and 0.52 mm thick stock. I also discovered the caliper display does not have a light, so I had to turn the room lights on. Scared the living daylights out of our goldfish..... Oh, the things I do in the name of art.

Emigrate to the USA? I don't think they'ed let me in. I am sure my jibe about Letter sized paper and the 19th Century will have been noted down by someone and it would be used in evidence....

Tim P

PS By the way, that is 0.017 to 0.020 of an inch. (Metric fractions of an inch?! Oh my poor head. )
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

I think this is the same item offered here in the States on sale by Harbor Freight for $19.95. It's truly hard to believe how one got on with card modeling without it. And if you're into model design it becomes a requirement. I prefer 0.012 " for most fuselage work....,

Best regards, Gil
  5. Texman

Texman Guest

Your welcome to come on over. But you'll need new power cords,
    power tools, kitchen items, electrical plugs, new money, new printer,......
    Well, maybe just a visit then!