Bristol Beaufort

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by RogerP, Dec 29, 2008.

1. RogerP

RogerP Member

Hello to all from 'way downunder',

Since getting into card modelling only a year or two ago I have found lots of interesting things, for me this has been small (size) warships ie MGBs, MTBs, MLs and PTs etc as well as some really quite nice aircraft models but ONE seems to be missing --

Does ANYONE know of a card model of a Bristol Beaufort torpedo bomber? The scale doesn't matter as I rescale most if not ALL of the card models I buy anyway.

Roger Pearson.
    Bendigo, Australia.
  2. sergiotang95

sergiotang95 Member

3. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Modelarz do or did one but I don't know where you would get one

Attached Files:

4. RogerP

RogerP Member

Thanks Gents for you input.

Sergio -- I think you are confused with their Beaufighter, of which they do two.

Gixergs -- Yes the 'Maly' one would be nice, all I have to do now is find ANYONE???? who has this kit.
  5. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

I searched around for a while to find one of the MM Beauforts. No one seemed to carry it, but I did finally find one on Ebay a couple of months ago, so they are out there somewhere. Good luck!
  6. sakrison

sakrison Member

I have the Maly Bristol Beaufort kit. I'd be happy to part with it. I've sent you an e-mail.
  7. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I built this model early last year - here is my build thread if you are interested All in all I found the kit to be decent, but it suffers from many of the drawbacks of hand-drawn kits, and in my case of building with 15 year old paper. I have a scan of the kit, and after building this one and reading the Torpedo Bombers book, I will someday consider a 'refresh' - updating the internal details, doing an actual 'clear' turret - and just bringing the model up to a more modern standard.
    I've also sent you a PM.
  8. brianmatthews

brianmatthews New Member

Hi Rodger there is a MM beaufort on the net for free the artwork isnt great but its ok . I reduced mine to 1:72 from the 1:33 that most maly kits are and printed on 200gsm card turned out good.Like you Im new to card models but have found that with a little bit of time on your hands you can find almost any kit you like some where for free.Anyway when I remember the place I found that Beaufort I'll let you know.Cheers for now Brian
  9. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Maybe you are not aware of it but the kits you are mentioning are pirated copies and as such should be reported to close the site, not to advertise it.
  10. RogerP

RogerP Member

Thanks for the offer Brian, but I have to agree with Michael, given that the Maly kit is so rare, it has to be a pirated copy. I have one anyway, purchased from David (Sakrison) above.