Bridgeport, harbor -1888

Bill Pontin

The Valley NTrak has a member who is constructing a new module. I posted earlier pictures of his initial layout under the "Valley NTrak corner modules" thread. Took pictures of Richard's progress today. . . just amazing, thought it would be of interest to everyone. He is modeling Bridgeport harbor during the year 1888.

Attachments

• mvc-010s.jpg
    mvc-010s.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 148

Bill Pontin

Working from library books and pictures. like the one above, he is making progress

Attachments

• mvc-008s.jpg
    mvc-008s.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 148

Bill Pontin

He chose 1888 because that is when the new iron swing bridge over the Pequonnock River was opened

Attachments

• mvc-004s.jpg
    mvc-004s.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 145

Bill Pontin

Yup, that is an elephant on the bridge. Seems P.T. Barnum arranged to have it tested with twelve elephants.

Attachments

• mvc-011s.jpg
    mvc-011s.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 143

Bill Pontin

Richard is casting up more elephants and wants to depict the entire event on his module. He is starting to detail some of the waterfront. He plans on having a lot of actual animation on his module.

Attachments

• mvc-018s.jpg
    mvc-018s.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 136

Bill Pontin

Here he setting up the track ramp for the freight car ferry that ran at that time.

Attachments

• mvc-017s.jpg
    mvc-017s.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 135

belg

WOW

That is one great looking module alot of great modeling went into it so far and plenty more to come I'm sure.Definately let us see the progress.

Strthoky

bill,

how do you get the rails to stay in gauge? it must be hand layed then.. man hand laid n scale... hurts my eyes just thinking bout it.. looks awesome..