Bridge shadow

cacmage

Apr 21, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
I put my bridge on my layout and immediately found a problem. It cast a nice dark shadow on the backdrop.

I only had one light on the bridge section so I moved it around trying to get rid of the shadow. No luck.

I bought another light and tried to position it so it would wash out the shadow. The only way it worked was if the light was right on top of the bridge. Obviously that's not acceptable.

Now I'm out of ideas... Has anyone here successfully solved a similar problem?

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Just a thought, I think somewhere , I have seen big bridges illuminated from different angles i.e from the ground and from rockfaces.
You`ll have to make up mini-searchlights different colours.
Make a great night scene?? no good?? o well, just a thought:(

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is to install a short flourescent light against the backdrop at the top and install a valance in front of it to block view of the light itself. Hopefully its light would diminish the shadow.

Gary

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Cacmage,
The lights at Yankee stadium would still cast a shadow on that thing!!:eek:

Try some lights from the same angle as the bridge itself. ie. left and right side, and a subtle one from infront. :)

TOOT!!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
When I worked on a few technical theatre production crews, we would light the backdrop itself to minimize shadows. The light can come from either above or below (we often did both).

Andrew