Bridge attempt

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by csxengineer, Oct 31, 2006.

1. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

This is my first successful bridge building attempts. I found a good bridge photo website for reference, and improvised the rest. N scale

Attached Files:

2. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

That looks great, even more because it is n scale. Great job :thumb: . Could you please post the link of this bridge photo website. That sounds interesting.
  3. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Sweet Bridge, It looks really good:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

5. viperman

viperman Active Member

If it were HO, I'd say it looks awesome, but in N, WOW!
  6. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

HERE HERE! aussie Fantabulous work for N scale! WOWOWOW!! :eek:
  7. aaragorn

aaragorn New Member

Oh, I love bridges. And this looks awesome. I had made a girder bridge in S-scale couple of years back, will post pics of those soon.

I'm curious about this (Yellow arrow in the pic)? Is that a ready made piece or did you make it?

Attached Files:

8. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

bridge parts

A while ago I bought a clear bag of bridge parts. It had a yellow label (I think it was micro-engineering, I'm not sure). It was HO. I just was digging though my spare parts bin and found some pieces.
  9. kirkendale

kirkendale Member

good looking bridge csxengineer....
  10. b28_82

b28_82 Member

Nice job. I think it looks good also because its not a whole bridge. I think it gives me some more ideas for making more modern bridges.
  11. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

First of all, I'll say what everyone else has said:
    GREAT JOB!!!!:thumb: :thumb: I can't work in HO let-alone N

Secondly...I'm doing a MicroEngineering viaduct and those definitely look like the pieces for their bridge kits
  12. richard cormier

richard cormier New Member

Micro Engineering makes the viaduct parts; Central valley makes the parts you are talking about-the girder assemblies.
    Incidentally; there are several good books on bridge building; one in particular, is by Paul Mallery, and concerns itself more with the theory behind what you would do and why than any of the others I think.
    I will try to send some pics of what I have done.