brick sheeting..

Tap

hey guys, just back from a train show.
there wasthis guy with a very nice layout and he scratchbuilt all his models.HE showed me the brick sheets he used and it was really thin, like a sheet of paper, and it still had relief. THe material was plasticy and was bendy like a sheet of paper.

my question is, where can i find this! I am currently using the walthers brick sheet and it's way too thick and i have trouble cutting into it and making precise holes for the windows and doors.

Gary Pfeil

Holgate and Reynolds went belly up some time ago.There is some very nice brick sheet now made by N scale Architects, in multiple scales.

Not quite as thin as you describe, but Champ (the decal people) used to put out brick sheets and shingle sheets that were outstanding. I still have a couple left and they will go into my own structures. :)

Relic

This is different but kinda the same if you close one eye. Since I make all my buildinga out of mat board (poverty) I get my computer opp. to print off some brick pattern on sticky paper and viola. For flues I get real cheap and print on regular paper and glue it on.

Poverty is the mother of invention

Jac's Lines

Plastruct makes vaccum formed plastic sheets of regular brick and distressed brick in HO scale. The Walthers number is 570-91605 (rough brick) and 570-91611 (regular brick). I used this material on my Gauge kitbash challenge earlier this year, and I describe the issues working with it:

http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=16527

This product is about as thick as two sheets of cardstock -- much much easier to cut with scissors or a hobby knife than the Walthers product.

MicroMark also produces a textured brick paper. I've never used this product but it may be along the lines of what you're looking for:

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=82898

hooknlad

Just a thought, i have rembered seeing brick sheets and such at an arts and craft store near the doll house kits - hope this idea helps..