Brendan's Workshop

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Thomas Modeler
Hi! Well, It's about time I made a workbench thread here. I am a Thomas modeller first and foremost. You will see me use British terminology, just so you know. Anyway, there is something called Railway Series, or RWS, modelling, which refers to modelling the characters as both accurate to the books and realistic. It might surprise you to know that in the books Annie and Clarabel, instead of being four-wheeled, run on bogies. They are very close to LMS suburban coaches.Of course, not all my models are RWS. You might be familiar with my Henry model, which is based on the TV series. But anyway, I'm guessing you want me to get to the good stuff already. Here goes...

Thomas:
Model_RWS_Thomas_08.png

Model_RWS_Thomas_09.png

Model_RWS_Thomas_10.png

Model_RWS_Thomas_11.png

Model_RWS_Thomas_12.png

Model_RWS_Thomas_13.png

Model_RWS_Thomas_14.png

Model_RWS_Thomas_15.png

Bashed from Hornby's model of him. Lamp-irons and smokebox handrails homemade. Still not quite complete, he needs proper 3-link couplings (Where one of the links goes through the hook) and brake pipes, as well as coal rails for his bunker and an accurate E2 funnel. But he's looking good.

Annie and Clarabel:
Model_RWS_Annie_and_Clarabel_01.png

Model_RWS_Annie_and_Clarabel_02.png

Model_RWS_Annie_07.png

Model_RWS_Annie_08.png

Model_RWS_Annie_09.png

Model_RWS_Clarabel_09.png

Bashed from Bachmann's TV-style models. Seats homemade. Clarabel will have a detailed luggage compartment/guard's compartment. The chassis for both coaches are homemade,and I ordered the bogies on Saturday. I don't know when they'll come, though. The coaches will both have interior lighting, by the way.

Dairy van:
Model_RWS_Dairy_Van_03.png

Model_RWS_Dairy_Van_04.png

A small wooden van used to carry cans of milk that farmers bring to the station. It is shunted away and uncoupled at the dairy. Chassis Annie's original chassis, shortened slightly. Body homemade from balsa wood.

Henry:
Bachmann_Henry_in_Henrys_Old_Sha-1.png

Bachmann_Henry_in_Henrys_Old_Sha-2.png

Bachmann_Henry_in_Henrys_Old_Sha-3.png

Bachmann_Henry_in_Henrys_Old_Sha-4.png

Bachmann_Henry_in_Henrys_Old_Sha-5.png

Bachmann_Henry_in_Henrys_Old_Sha-6.png

Bachmann_Henry_in_Henrys_Old_Sha-7.png

Bachmann_Henry_in_Henrys_Old_Sha-8.png

Bachmann_Henry_in_Henrys_Old_Sha-10.png

For those of you familiar with Henry's backstory, this should be familiar. I find his old shape more aesthetically pleasing, hence the bash. I am quite proud of this model, as in addition to the altered firebox and proper cab windows he has a complete set of controls in his cab, all homemade. I look forward to when he has reached perfection.

Miscellaneous:
Model_standpipe.png

A water standpipe. Incomplete. Still needs a tap and the flexible hose portion.