Bredford Dolphin, JSC, 1:400

Hi Folks,

after finishing my Locomotive I just started a new project.

It`s an offshore Platform, the Bredford Dolphin........

bredfordjd2ni5.jpg

The model is from the polish publisher JSC in the 1:400 Scale. For detailing I use the laser kit.

It`s planned to built the corresponding lifting vessel Willift Eagle, same publisher and same scale.............

Here the envelop pics and the laser kit.......

p1080308aa1.jpg

p1080310kk6.jpg

and the first superstructurs.......

p1080334mv2.jpg

p1080333xz3.jpg

p1080331is3.jpg

so long guys

Frank

Nando

Designer Extraordinaire
Oct 5, 2006
Turin (Italy)
Oh My God! I just bought this one and I'm waiting the envelope in the next week. I am always interested in this subject and I'll follow this thread to learn how can I build It, seeing Your mastery applied to this model. The first steps are fantastic!!!!

My compliments, for Your Locomotive also .... :thumb:

Best, Nando

Nando

Designer Extraordinaire
Oct 5, 2006
Turin (Italy)
References

fluthecrank,
Looking for more documentation about the platform, I found the links below. I hope they are useful for Your build.

I found this link at a Polish forum with a lot of Dolphin's pictures wich is going into and out the port of Danzica, I suppose, to a repair yard for repair and rebuilding. It's interesting to see the platform weathered and then repainted and a lot of details too.

And here a link to a technical card of the Dolphin.

Here a link to a polish professional photograph with a lot of pics, but we have to pay ....

Here a link to Remontova site, depicting the Bredford Dolphin going to repair in november 2006.

I can't wait to see Your progress.
Best Nando :thumb:

Mauiman

Nov 4, 2007
In the badlands of jupiter
Yes Frank that is a very nice model of a good platform. If only I had a didgital camera to use to take pictures of some plastic models that I have built. Buit that is just motivation for me to save up for a camera.

Nando

Designer Extraordinaire
Oct 5, 2006
Turin (Italy)
My Dolphin is just arrived. :mrgreen:
Oh my God how many parts, details,... :eek:
Every time I see someone like You or any other master in this forum that builds a model, it seems so simple and easy and I'm going immediately to buy it .... but when I open the envelope then I discover the reality and how difficult it is wall1
..first in the heaven then in the darkness... :cry:
However It is so beautiful to follow Your progress, but I have to curb my frenzy and I have to buy fewer models and maybe more commensurate to my skill.

Very nice, Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

Best Nando

don´t overact.............

Hi Nando,

sadly you are living in Turino, that´s at the opposite side of the alps, aprox. 600km away from Frankfurt..............to far away to have some modeling sessions together.......
But anyway,........just start to build the kit and in case of any questions do not hesitate to ask me......the only way to grow is practice............and never forget: we are only a mouseclick away from each other !!:thumb:

to give you an impression I add a pic of my first card model.....
p1080377bm7.jpg

p1080378vo1.jpg

notice,..........no edge coloring,......rather rough..........but,I was so proud about it.......and ,odel by model the exoerience was growing and growing, just as the expectations...............

And remember, card modeling is one of the cheapest hobbies you can get.....

so, I hope my comments are helpful to you.............

best regrads Frank

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
Frank, that picture is probably the most brutally honest picture I've seen. :mrgreen: It has comforted me immensely. It has inspired me so much that I have saved it for use as a screensaver, just not yet. Waiting until my models look a little better than the picture. :p

my pics are honest?.......you are too Elliott!!!

Oh Elliott,

my pic is nearly 10 years ago (certainly older).........and long lonesome years I built for my own.

Since 2005 I`m building "with the internet" and some occuring forums. So it was more and more easy to see what other guys are building.............more and more models were published and card modeling grows more and more exciting.

Yes, my pic is honest, but why not? Everybody starts as a newbie and it´s a sort of "marketing" to encourage others to try more and more.........

My Motto is "never forget......it´s only a card model"...............

best regards Frank

btw: thank´s guys for ignoring my broken english.......it´s a very good exercise for me to improve my english skills..................