Break Wheels and footsteps???

lapuce033

I was wondering if anyone would know where I could get spare break wheels and steps or footsteps to replace missing broken ones on HO boxcars???

Its easy to find trucks, but those other accessories I looked everywhere and cannot seem to find them. Anyone know?

Thanks.

Terry

N

nachoman

A good hobby shop should carry some detail parts, and break wheels and stirrup steps are pretty common. If your LHS doesn't stock them, ask if you can order them. You can order such items from places like Walthers or other online model railroad vendors.

Kevin

doctorwayne

Any good hobbyshop should have these parts available. Cal-Scale, Grandt Line, Tichy and Kadee, among others, all offer brakewheels of various styles, and plastic drop steps are available from Detail Associates and Tichy. A-Line has metal drop steps in three different styles, or you can make your own from Detail Associates' brass bar stock.

Wayne

steamhead

Thanks for the "heads-up" guys....I've been thinking of cutting off the drop steps on my Athearn (mostly) cars and replacing them with some more "realistic" ones....

lapuce033

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up guys, I will already have the Athern parts number for the break wheels, now I will look up the rest with the brands that you gave me thanks.
Cheers!