brass locos

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
Now i know i have probably put this in the wrong forum - but my club recently recieved a VERY large amount of stuff from someone who passed away and bequeathed his entire american collection and layout to us.

In amongst it there are about a half dozen or more brass locos - what i want to know is where is a good site to find values for them?

ATM that i know of there is a Hallmark Santa Fe 3180 (or 3080 i cant remember) class 2-10-2 and a Santa Fe P5a pacific plus another ATSF pacific we dont know the class of.

Thought id ask in here because they may not be sold, club may keep them as momentoes of their former owner, we just want to know a rough value for them!

Any and all help would be appreicated!

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Hi Ross,
Unfortunatly I cant tell you the value of BRASS locos in the UK, but here in Aust. I would have no trouble in selling them for about $800.00-- $1200.00 each, depending on the modle, make, as brass loco`s have differant values in differant parts of the world, I would not hazard a geuss at the value of the locos that your have been left.

As you have stated, if it were me, or my club, they would not be sold, but put into a display case, and lovingly cared for, our club has such a loco that was built by one of our members, A 4-8-8-4 big boy, in "N" and its valued at $2500.00.

I have no dout that there is some one here at the Gauge that can, and will help you, but I do wish you all the best of luck with those loco`s.... have a good one..steve

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
jim currie said:
believe the name of the book is the brown book of brass.

It's a little out of date, but a start. Probably the best is to check E-bay and various shops reselling brass to see what they are going for.