Branson Scenic Railway

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by roryglasgow, Jan 31, 2002.

1. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

They're a long time in coming...but we road on the Branson Scenic Railway last August. I had intended to scan these as soon as we got the film developed, but I didn't have my scanner hooked up. When I finally got the scanner up and running, I didn't know where the pictures had gotten to. Anyway, now and then I'd think about it, and finally tonight I acted. So, here are some pictures from our trip.

Here is the station and loading platform:

Attached Files:

2. roryglasgow

They have a cute little fountain just outside the main entrance:

Attached Files:

3. roryglasgow

Here's my son in the outside waiting "room." I don't think he was in the mood to get his picture taken!

Attached Files:

4. roryglasgow

The train has two engines--one on each end. I didn't get to see what was on the other end because there wasn't enough time to run back, get a picture and get a good seat onboard... I don't remember the model.

Attached Files:

5. roryglasgow

Here I am giving my ticket to the conductor guy.

Attached Files:

6. roryglasgow

Looking back over one of the trestles:

Attached Files:

7. roryglasgow

The trip goes through two tunnels, over one trestle, then stops on the second trestle. All of this in on a Union Pacific line running through the Ozark Mountains in southern Missouri and northern Arkansas. This shot is the view from the second trestle.

Attached Files:

8. roryglasgow

And finally... I just wanted to show that it is sometimes "prototypical" to have gaps in the rails:

Attached Files: