brand new t maxx not going fowards

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by cabletech666, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabletech666

cabletech666 New Member

I just got a brand new t maxx 2.5 ( tonight ) and the truck only goes backwards . I have droped the revs down as much as i can but still no go . Is there something i could be doing wronge ( i hope )
    as most ofyou know its a long weekend and everything closed friday .
    plz help me any tips or ideas would be so hopeful i just want to play with my new toy
    thanks in advance
  2. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Did you use the shift on the controller?
  3. cabletech666

cabletech666 New Member

yes i have tried that i think the tranny is screwed ! im just going to have to wait , and take it back
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

try the throttle trim on the controler
  5. cabletech666

cabletech666 New Member

my t maxx did go in to forward gear but after tank was dry the gear never came back . ill try the full trim
  6. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

-The tranny's on the Maxxes can be sticky until really broken in. I have several friends who have had the same prob. In a couple of cases they took the tranny out, opened it up (being VERY careful of how it came apart !) and had to take a very small file to remove a SLIGHT amount from around the shift shaft hole. It was binding and wouldn't let the shift shaft move freely. If you just got this truck try and use it in forward as much as you can for a while. This will help the tranny wear in. Have you tried to move the shaft by hand with slight pressure ? You can also check to be sure that the servo is doing all it can to move the shaft. If it is you may end up opening it up the tranny . Be careful and you should be able to figure this out whether it is the tranny as a whole or just a bound up shift shaft . Good luck and keep trying the little things before getting drastic. :)
  7. cabletech666

cabletech666 New Member

Thanks for the help ill give that a try , one things for sure im getting good at driving backwards ! im going to take apart the tranny and add forward only gear that will fix it , unless its a bad idea ?
  8. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

-cable- You might want to keep the two speed tranny. The reason is that the first gear is a lower ratio than even the stock Sport Maxx. This will get you out of the "hole" a little faster. Just try my other suggestions one at a time before going into the tranny. If they fail then you could try the file suggestion. Please don't be too hasty,there are lots of good people who post here (I.E. -Mastmec,Rockn82,and Monsterrcbuilder for a few )who could give you other possibilities to try. Patience can save you alot of headaches and money. It can seem like an eternity to get the truck tuned the way you like it but then it will give you all you expect of it afterwards.:D
  9. cabletech666

cabletech666 New Member

thanks alot for your input , im going to try that tonight . seeing i have taken the whole truck apart ( to look it over, set up and so on ) sorry i just want to smoke my buddies 1.5 ive been taking crab
  10. cabletech666

cabletech666 New Member

last night i took the tranny apart cleaned it and lubed it up , put it all back together and i have forward gears YES
    thanks for all your help
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

no prob. thats what we are here for
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.