Brand new just Joined from Texas

Yachtnutz

Hello everyone I just joined and I don't have a clue about building Paper models. I have been building models since I was 8 years old . So I thought I would join and give it a try. I like trying new things and these models look really cool.

Yachtnutz

inky

Welcome from another Texan. I take it from you name you love ships/yachts, I live on the gulf coast and love going down and watching the ships come in, once a week the Yacht club has races.

I think you will enjoy building with paper, for one it is a lot cheaper than plastic models. What ever questions you have feel free to ask, we have a lot of smart members here that will be willing to help.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Howdy Pardner! Welcome to Zealot! You have joined at an award time as this forum is going to be going through some really big changes, good changes. I expect an announcement soon, so please pardon what doesn't seem to be working, and you will see a Phoenix arise! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Like Inky said, paper model building is cheaper the plastic (in many ways). Not only that, but there are many paper models out there that you can not find in plastic.

So the best thing to do is to find an easy model (that interests you, of course) and jump right in and start building. If you can, post a build thread to show off what it is that you are working on.
Build threads are a great way to show off your skills, as well as highlight certain problem areas that you may need help with.

Once again welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

I am looking forward to seeing your work!