BR-52 Kriegslokomotive

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Vjatchy, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Vjatchy

Vjatchy New Member

2. jrts

jrts Active Member

Thats not a model, its a true work of art. :shock:
    You will regret posting those cracker photos, I have just got my hands on a copy of Angraf's "Parowoz Ty 2" and don't even have a clue where to start :lol: :lol:
    Any advice or tips would be great, I have the basics of how the real thing goes together but this will be my first loco after I finish the ships I have on my cutting board.

If you have any other of your builds post away
    Fantastic stuff and look forward to more very soon

3. Gecko23

Gecko23 Member

That's a beautiful model.

It also inspired me to aquire a copy myself, but I have no idea how long it will be till I get brave enough to try to tackle it.

Thanks for sharing.
  4. charliec

charliec Active Member

That's a magnificent model.

I know less than zero about railway locomotives but thought this subject
    must be important - after a bit of research it seems as though the BR-52 locomotive was the German railway equivalent of the the T-34 tank - cheap to produce, rugged and reliable. Remained in service in some countries until the 1980s. More at:

5. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

That is a superb model and the finish is outstanding.

Jim Nunn
  6. Tonino

Tonino Member

I completely agree with Rob: this is art!

I spent a lot of time admiring ALL the photos you put in your site. It would be really fantastic if you can share them with us with some more details about your great work. Why don't you think about some kind of building report here in

As I see, here are more than one modeler waiting to build his first card loco, and you are definitely the master we are searching for...

Won't you pleeeeeease? :roll:

Again many many compliments.

7. barry

barry Active Member

8. Vjatchy

Vjatchy New Member

9. Peter H

Peter H Member

Unbelievable Vjatchy !!!!

I say that because I looked at the photos and went Wow! ... then I closely looked for tell tale elements of a card model and frankly I'm stumped to find any. If it wasn't for your technical photos further down I would still be thinking the loco wasn't card.

I am most likely wrong but is the tender a little too close to the cab in the photos ?
  10. cardfan

cardfan Member

Incredible work, you are truely an artist!

I don't believe it is too close. If it is manually stoked the space has to be an easy "stick a shovel in the coal and turn around to throw it on the fire" distance. Most of the locomotives I have seen have metal plates that cover the space between the tender and footplate gap.
  11. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Great Job and a really great looking engine.