Borg Renegade Rogue Ship

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gearz, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Gearz

Gearz Member

I've put together an assembly guide and workable templates for the hull recesses, for the BORG ship I made for Phil's challenge. Seeing how the recesses make it a bit on the tedious side, there's also a simplified version without them. It has a few nasty bits in the build, hopefully the guide will help work past them. As usually the case, there was plenty of bitmap editing done on the fly, and I've added two small braces that the prototype could have done with, so If anyone finds an error in the model, please point it out so I can correct it.

Ok Cabspace has fixed their problems So its back up again

Attached Files:

• borg.jpg
      File size:
      93.7 KB
  2. I'm having a problem with both files. It appears they are downloading normally as zip files, but when the the Netzip classic screen appears, there are no files listed.
  3. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Extracted fine for me using WinRar and AlZIp
  4. Gearz

Gearz Member

Sorry rockpaperscissor, cabspace has sent out a notice for intermittent FTP service issues, you might have some luck if try again?.
  5. Alcides

Alcides Member

Man !!! Why I don't have more time!!! Another model for: "I must build it".

Thank you !!!

By the way I don't have any problem with the download. I've got it to the first try !!!

6. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Just finished up my build, Excellent kit with no fit problems even though I scaled it up to 13x19 inch paper.

Thanks for sharing your talent

John John
  7. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thank you John John.. Glad you enjoyed building it ~ got to have some of the bad guys in the model collection to keep all those Federation Models on their toes. ~ 13 x 19 !!! wooooww that would have made a BIG model!! :shock:

A few of the Bad Guys on the build/Dev/wish list,
    *Cardassian Galor with Keldon option
    *Klingon Vorcha or maybe Negh'var
    *Jem Hadar Battle Cruiser

Not sure if their available already, guess I'll see when they get to the top of the list and do a bit more research.
    :-D :-D
  8. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

All that thanks should be to you..

By the way I have a suggestion for your next kit..

Roger Young

John John
  9. Gearz

Gearz Member

Yep... judging from a few of the requests here, a lot SF guys would like the Roger Young and or Nostromo, both vessels have been on my dev list for some time. Ambitious projects to tackle ( for my skill set) The Young would probably be the easier of the two. The only 3d mesh of the Nostromo I know of, is the Derrin Proctor mesh, which is spectacular to say the least. For conversion to a card model.... well.. the horrendous numbers speak for themselves.

Objects 8,389 ~ YEP every one of them designated 'line' 'box' 'tube' etc..
    Vertices 174,234
    Faces 279,792

So the Roger Young would be the preferable subject. I guess there's not much use in developing models no wants to build, so It might pay to reshuffle the list. I'll dig up the Young stuff I have from the 'E' for everything folder, and have another look at it.
  10. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I have the resin kit of the RY if that could be any help to you

John John
  11. Gearz

Gearz Member

Now that would be handy for comparison! The mesh I have looks a little out of proportion
  12. eddieh38

eddieh38 New Member

can you tell me ware i can download the borg renegade rogue ship
  13. Gearz

Gearz Member

14. eddieh38

eddieh38 New Member

Big thanks looks great.