boost bottles

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by dirtovaldominator, Dec 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtovaldominator

dirtovaldominator New Member

could anyone explain what boost bottles are and what they do?
  2. trxtalon

trxtalon Member

i got a boost bottle from a friend & i never use it. not worth it in my opinion. the bottle just holds more fuel for the carberator.
  3. dirtovaldominator

dirtovaldominator New Member

kinda like a spare gas tank?
  4. trxtalon

trxtalon Member

kind of. it is there to apparently increase performance. i would have to say if u want get 1 and try it. i didn't notice a real increase in performance when i see them used. it is all a matter of prefferance to keep useing the boost bottle or just say it is not something that is not necessary.
  5. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

All it does is when your racing and your at WOT, then you come in to a corner so you back off the throttle very fast, it holds the extra fuel that is not needed at low speeds. Doesn't make the car faster or anything....just keeps a steadier and smoother low end. Its not worth is unless your a serious racer.
  6. What kind of boost bottle are u talkin bout there is a special boost bottle that will repeair your engine by makeing it less frition between the sleev and the piston
  7. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

A boost bottle is meant to equalize the pressures in the crankcase It holds no extra fuel or anything of the like and is shown not to increase preformance in any way. In fact the boost bottle in my opinion is just a way to get more money out of people thinking hop-ups. The bottle is connected to the engine via a pressure fitting in the front of the engine where the pullstart would go and in the center. It holds "air" so when the piston travels up and down the piston doesn't have to work as hard against itself (in theory). But when you think about it now you have less of a vaccuum to work with and that means less fuel to the cyl.
  8. mastmec

mastmec Member

The boost bottle captures and stores pressure from the engine, smoothing out the engine's impulses. By doing this, the engine will have a more consistent and responsive powerband with an increase in both top and bottom end acceleration. If you don't drive your car on a track and drive consistently, you will not notice the increase in performance. It's not a great big performace boost, but every little bit helps when your racing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.