Bogus BLI D&RGW reefers?

Browsing in the BLI website I have found announced some GACX 53'6" Wood Express Reefer Cars, in various schemes.

The thing that bugs me is that they will made three in D&RGW "pullman green", #s 1600, 1601 and 1602. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't know that the D&RGW had any reefers (only insulated cars, and none in "pullman green"). :confused:

Do you have some information about these cars (the prototypes)? Are the BLI cars correct?

2slim

Javier,
I believe what we're seeing here is a little 'modellers licence' by BLI. To my knowledge Rio Grande didn't own or operate any express boxcars or reefers. Any express shipments were put in a baggage car (or cars). Not positive, but the Grande didn't handle any express reefer shipments or at least enough to warrent special cars.

2slim

OK after checking with a couple of resources, apparently there were a few express reefers owned by Railway Express Agency and leased to the Rio Grande. They operated between Salt Lake and Denver. According to my source they didn't operate after 1950.