Boeing sonic cruiser

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Nothing, Jul 5, 2008.

1. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Great work nothing.

You do have a talent for this kind of work.

Cheers JTF
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thanks jt im almost ready to unfold. i just need to texture the inside of the engines. and i am contemplating some gears. that would be a first for mine.
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

if i decide to go with the gears ill have to change some textures. so i dont know..
  4. knife

knife Member

Here's the textures I'm using for my current project. I think the turbine blades look very modernistic.

Turbine.jpg Exhaust.jpg

Anybody want to venture a guess which turbine engine these photos come from?
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

those are very good but i cant guess what they are from.
  6. knife

knife Member

I can't tell you what it's from until after I complete the project. I don't want to get expectations up. It's from a twin turbine commercial aircraft currently flying.
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Nothing, I just wanted to tell you how awesome the Sonic Cruiser is, and how much I'm looking forward to your current design. I've got the Sonic Cruiser printed out and ready to go. I think you've finally pulled me back to aircraft models.
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

lol! i consider that high praise coming from you paragon! thank you.

im almost done with the BWB. i have to do a test build. but i have to get some paper first. i expended my last on Lex's commet.

I also took some insperation from Lex and made a cover sheet!
    bwb cover.jpg
  9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I just finished the Sonic Cruiser today. It looks really good, but I butchered those engine intakes. How exactly are they supposed to go together?

Also, I'm definitely looking forward to the BWB, I'm more excited about building it than I was about the Sonic Cruiser, so hurry up!!
  10. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Look real cool...
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

By the way, you posted a picture of another BWB with three engines that you said was actually Russian? I can't find any information on it, what is it?
  12. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

This is going to be a masterpiece, judging from the looks of the cover! :D
  13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

info is really hard to find outside of the scale tests by boeing. i came across the picture and a sketch of the russian design but that is all i could find.

Lex i might have set expectations too high with the cover. my art skills are way better than my design skills.sign1

i think i can get a test buil done at half scale. i found 6 sheets of card.the model as it stands is 8 pages. im not going to do the gears on this one as i just dont whant to edit the texures.(need to finish before i lose interest) but i did include wheel wells if someone whants to kit bash some gears for it.
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

at point 1 if build up from the rear, roll the intake into an oval tube and center and glue to the inside edge of body. then wrap the other engine skins around to meet the intake. at point 2 you can actually do away with the tip as it is inside the wing. i hope that is a little clearer.
  15. fructose

fructose Member

OMG! How did I miss this? Maybe it had something to do with moving and not having internet for a while. :)

Still, that is an awesome sonic cruiser! And the BWB!!! I've wanted a model of this for way to long! These are going to go straight to the front of the build cue once I get my hobby room all set up!

Great work nothing! Keep it up!
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ok guys i put the bbwb up. I recomend making internal tabs. but if you use the tabs start at the nose and work to the rear. going from the rear to the front steadily shrinks the parts. i should have alternated the tabs front and back but quite frankly im tired.
    if anyone does build it please send me some pics. ill put them up. thanks.
  17. knife

knife Member

Let me be the first to say: Thanks nothing.
  18. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

You can expect images from me in the next day or so. I'll have a lot of free time (wisdom teeth are coming out). Not sure if I'll actually be able to build, but I certainly plan to try.

Oh, and a HUGE thank you!
  19. zot

zot Member

The BWB look great! I can't wait to get started on it. Aviation artist JP Santiago has kindly given me permission to attach a couple of BWB images from his blog.

Anyone for a bomber version?

Attached Files:

20. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Btw, sorry for the lack of images of a built BWB. When I tried printing it out, I discovered my printhead no longer felt like dispensing red ink, so you can imagine it looked pretty bad. Kodak just sent me a replacement, and its all printed out, so I'll have it done soonish.