Boeing CV-22 Osprey

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Aug 8, 2006.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

This is my next model in Modern Series, Boeing V-22 Osprey...The V-22 Osprey is a joint service, multi-mission military aircraft with vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) capability. It is designed to perform VTOL missions like a conventional helicopter while also having the long-range cruise abilities of a twin turboprop aircraft. Doing mesh in Rhino is finish, I will post another progress soon.

2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Good Choice!

Hi Nobi,

The Osprey is a great choice! It's been a very contoversial aircraft for the USMC but they've hung by this vehicle through thick and thin. Guess the Command sees it as a crucial piece of their strategic mission. Please keep us posted regarding your progress...., -Gil
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I agree with Gil............... Good Choice!:grin:
  4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Thank you very much :)

I plan to design wing what can rotate but not finish yet, today I nearly finish unfold V-22. Not many parts infold but I believe all parts will assemble to very good looking model. I will finish all unfold tomorrow and testbuild next.

5. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Today I work a little bit on unfold and finish already only connection strip left...thinking of Lighthouse Modelart what quit from business. That make me really upset :(

6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I noticed you put seats in the 3d model and I think I found one in your parts sheets, am i right does this have a finished cockpit?
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'd say it would be a bit easier for Nobi since he is selling his own models which have almost no overhead. He does'nt rely on shipping or purchasing from a another party a package to sell at an above cost price to make profit.

His only out of pocket should be his time, software cost and site maintenance if I am right.
  8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

9. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey John John............. since it was designed for the Marines to fit on Navy ships it had to be made to fit below decks for repair and storage. Not sure of the unfold times but it's pretty fast. I saw a vid somewhere on it.

It really is a hybrid between helo and plane and a pretty neat looking aircraft.

I can't wait................ THANKS Nobi!

11. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Any movies of it flying, I reckon it can perform some interesting manouvers.
  12. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

13. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Thanks but it actually flying in those vids, I want to see what those babies can do.
  14. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Now I have 3 days vacation and not working on V-22 :) I will back to testbuild V-22 on tuesday (Thailand time) and will post progress soon.

yes i have cockpit but not detail much and also wheel well too. Model will finish in CV-22 what serve in Air Force and scale is 1/48.
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Have fun Nobi!:cool:
  16. RedChico

RedChico New Member

17. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Again an outstanding job. It looks fantastic.
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

19. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Anybody else find that as painful to watch as I did? That almost made me sick. Maybe it's just the new perspective I have of being a pilot but man that was sad.