Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by MOS95B, Feb 21, 2007.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I just downloaded your TWEbots. Judging by them, and the other items on your site (Booky is cool!) I can't wait to see if you come up with something. The Missus is even kind of enjoying my re-dip into card modelling as it is getting me out of my un-employment induced funk....

Now, go use your obvious smarts....

I mean, um, Please Sir, if you wouldn't mind....... :wink:
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Ohh stop it!
    Thanx for your compliments! I'm working on it!
  3. gchucky

gchucky Member

I can see it now: A small boat with a fisherman reaching back for his landing net while his rod is doubled over. The 20,000 league squid in the background.

4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

A SQUID?...didn't know Squid lived in a small pond! lol

Love your creative mind tho' Chucky.
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

:grin: No Squid............... what about "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" scared the beejeebees out of me when I was a kid...............He's tougher than any ole giant squid!

You could always come up with Ogopogo!:grin:

Attached Files:

6. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

This website should be of interest:

Enter "card model" in their search box and see what comes up. Plus lots of helpful info for would be fishing boat builders.

7. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

So, you got a link to the thread?? I would be very interested to see "the rest of the story"....
  8. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Amazyah ,
    This is what I got when I click the button you said.
    I circled that button.

Every thing here shows up as a larger picture of the chosen item.

Attached Files:

9. Clashster

Clashster Member

You did not scroll down far enough... The one to click on is two down from your circle. Then scroll to the bottom of the page that shows up.

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

The left side is a scroll box, scroll it all the way down to get the correct count.
    Sorry about the miscommunication. I have a either a larger monitor and/or am using a higher resolution than you so I see all the buttons at one time.
    Shorter way is to click the button right below the one that has "RV" on it.
    That should get you there.
    I was going to give you a short cut link but the url stays the same as you navigate the pages, at least on my browser anyway.
    Hope this helps you.

11. charliec

charliec Active Member

Reality will beat fantasy everytime - story in our local media says that New Zealand fishermen off Antarctica hauled in a Colossal Squid (450 kg and 10m long) a few days ago.

12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool story Charlie............. saw a show on TV where a guy in Baja (I think) had one of them big suckers come up under his boat and gave him the eye............. spooked him real good. Ummmmmm....... me too if I was in his shoes!:grin:
  13. Here's a collection of boat construction articles and plans from old magazines. Some of these designs should be adaptable for paper modeling:
  14. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Excellent link! Thank you!
  15. Maurice

Maurice Member

It's been used to make both paper and "real" boats so you might like to take a look at
    from way down the bottom of
    (see - shareware for boat design)
    and a sort of tutorial at

Now you may never complete a card model, or even design a real boat, but there are hours of fun to be had trying.

If you have a CAD program to play with the output, then that's even better.
  16. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I saw this book at a local bookstore last week.
    A Skiff for All Seasons: Building an Alaskan Skiff

You can find in on Amazon.

I flipped through it to see how the skiffs are put together, and was tempted to buy the book. It has directions for making skiffs out of plywood and would be applicable to making cardmodels and then the real thing. The reviews on Amazon all rate the book highly.