BNSF Freight Train

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TruckLover, Sep 17, 2006.

1. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

More cars: I re-did the weathering on the CSX Airslide Covered Hopper and fadded the writting a little. (just an experiment that was very nerveracking!! I almost went to far on it)

Attached Files:

• SF.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
    • CSX 2.jpg
      CSX 2.jpg
      File size:
      65.5 KB
    • CSX.jpg
      File size:
      58.8 KB
    • BN2.jpg
      File size:
      59.2 KB
    • BN.jpg
      File size:
      60.2 KB
  2. TruckLover

This last one is just a picture to show the new weathering job on the EL boxcar. As sfw pointed out at the top of the page, I need to take off the roofwalk on the boxcar. (I did the same thing on this oxcar as I did on the CSX Airslide and a you can see, I overdid the fadding just a little bit)

Attached Files:

• BX.jpg
      File size:
      66.2 KB
  3. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

I don't know...looks pretty good to me:thumb: . Your weathering is coming right along. They're looking more and more like "used" cars as opposed to just "dirty":)
    keep up the good work....some day I'll start the weathering phase of my life (apart from my body that is) looks pretty "used" already"sign1
  4. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Really nice weathering. I bet the whole train looks good going by.
  5. TruckLover

Thanks Steve.

I think that I am ready to try and do some more of the fadded stuff. :D :)
  6. TruckLover

Thanks Herc. The train goes almost the whole length of my layout from one corner of the L to the other!!
  7. TruckLover

I got some new railcars in the mail yesterday from e-bay. On of them I justed bidded on because I thought that it was a cool looking car. Can anyone tell me more info about the car and when they would have been in service. I think that it is a MOW car (last car)

Attached Files:

8. TruckLover

Here are some close ups of the car and a close up of the deck of the flat. The car also has couplers Iv'e never seen before (there like the same as the knuckle style)

Attached Files:

9. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Your picks look like that program on the histry channle last night.
  10. jasonboche

jasonboche Member

If you use chalks for weathering, what do you use to seal it?
  11. TruckLover

Thanks Gil!!:D :)

jasonboche: I use india ink and use dull cote to seal it. I think that you could still use dull cote to seal chalk though?
  12. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

your "roll by's" look GREAT Josh!:thumb: :thumb: i see GREAT improvements in your weathering EVERY time you post;) :D . your flatcar just knocks my socks OFF!!:thumb: the wood on it, and rusted chains are OUTSTANDING!:thumb: :D . GREAT WORK Josh, keep it up:thumb: . :D -Deano
  13. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

No! Dullcote ruins chalk weathering.
  14. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

what if you air brush flat paint over it?
  15. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member
    check out the bottom of the page...he suggests "artist's charcoal fixitive" for sealing chalk.
    Hope that helps. As you probably know, I'm clueless myself about weathering...and many other things:D
  16. AndyWS

AndyWS Member

Is that EL boxcar with the "roofwalk issue" a Bachmann from a train set by any chance? I have a similar car that came with my first train set.
  17. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That Cool. Thanks for sharing your photo's with us.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  18. NSnosteam

NSnosteam New Member

Nice weathering:thumb:
  19. TruckLover

Thanks So Much Deano.

But that flatcar was not done by me, it was an item I won off e-bay.:oops: But now that I see how you do it and what it looks like in person and not in pictures, I think that Im going to have to do that to the rest of my flats that I will be getting. :D :)
  20. TruckLover

Nope, the EL boxcar was a car that I bought at my LHS. It is however made by bachmann