Blue Max/Canvas Eagles kinda O/T

Discussion in 'Gaming & Toys' started by cgutzmer, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Sorry, I don't know anyone off hand who would want a paper model of anything right now.:cry:

You believe that, right?:roll:

Of course, I am interested, you silly guy! These little gems are cool!8)
    I'm sure a whole crowd will be gathering here to get them also!

2. Winky

Winky New Member

Well, now that I know I have at least one person interested...:wink:

Note that there are no instructions, but the parts should be pretty easy to figure out.

However, before people get too excited - a newbie question. Any suggestions as to the best way to make this available. Is it proper to just attach them as images/zip to a post? Is there a specific forum where this should go? Once I get things sorted out, I'll pass them along.
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Those are great planes! - I am definitely interested as well. You can upload them to the parts bin is probably the best solution or you can find someone to host them for you - I can help out with that if you like. You can even do both! Kinda depends on the size of the models.
  4. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Winky, Count me in too :D Those are great :D

5. CharlieB

CharlieB Member

I'd be interested in the planes too.

Thanks for offering them.

6. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

hmmmm.... yes. as getter one points out, sometimes it is easier to expand the size of the playing pieces and field than it is to shrink the models. just adjust by percentage and round up/down as needed. math (algabraic) is not my forte but as someone said " there's no right way, just the way that works" (for you!).
  7. Winky

Winky New Member

My 1/200 Fokkers and Sopwiths are now available in the parts Bin.

If you want to host them, please feel free to do so.
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Canvas Eagles Game 3/30/07

Hello all,

I just got back from my first game of Canvas Eagles at the local Hobby Town USA :D The wife and I had a blast :D didn't shoot anybody down but our missions were accomplished :D

Here's a shot of a bit of a furball, I'm the checkerboard SPAD XIII (FG model done in 1/72).

Attached Files:

9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Here's the wife heading for the German trenches for an observation mission (I was up till 1:00 AM finishing this FG model for the game tonight).

Attached Files:

10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Another angle of the dogfight.

Attached Files:

11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Odds just got even??? (that 2 seater is nasty!!!).

Attached Files:

12. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

The wife over the trenches with noone to bother her (except AA fire).

Attached Files:

13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Awesome! Now I have another game to do after my dad and I finish building whitewash city :)
  14. tra956

tra956 New Member

15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

nice little stuff you got there!
    Thanks bud :)
  16. 080919k

080919k New Member

17. Technichen

Technichen New Member

I've played CE for about 4 years now, I wish I would have found this years ago. I could have saved al lot dough. I have around 50 planes 1/72 resin and plastic UGH!
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

yeah - you can take almost any plane - print it really small and put together enough (dont need all the details) to have an awesome unique squadron! :)
  19. deniper

deniper Member

the fiddlers green models i built where around 1/64 scale and do work as is for canvas eagles

a down scaleing in print of about 56% or so makes them in the area of 1/100 and the smallest size i would want to build too many biplanes in in paper.
    i did do a neuiport in 1/144 from a fiddlers green but honestly cheated a lot...

also yay my first posting!