Blue Angels Models?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by wyverns4, May 2, 2006.

1. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

Does anyone know of any Blue Angles models that are available? I'm especially interested in the A-4 and F-4 versions, hopefully in 1:33 scale. I know that Halinski has an F-4 Phantom, but I have no idea how to go about doing a redesign of the color of that kit. I haven't even seen an A-4 listed in 1:33 anywhere. These would be some awsome kits to add to the stable!

Semper Fi!
  2. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

A-4 of the Blue Angels

An A-4 by Dr. Emil Zarkov (ModelArt), will be available at ML Card Models,
    later this year, sometime after the Israeli A-4N design is completed.

Regards, Moshe
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

They are not 1/33 scale, but Rob has some at Fiddler's Green and I believe he has done a version for the Bearcat, Cutlass, Skyhawk, and Phantom. You might want to check them out at

Glad to hear that on the Skyhawk Moshe! When will the IAF version be coming on-line?

4. 46rob

46rob Member

I've also done the Hellcat, SNJ, Panther and Cougar. Sorry they're not big complex models....I'm not that great at designing. Eventually, I plan to do models of the Tiger and Hornet---and they'll get the BA treatment as well. I've also got a Thunderbird's version of the Hun at FG as s well. As a side note--I'm a former ground crew memeber of the Blues, and worked on both their Phantoms and Skyhawks......that dates me a bit, huh?
  5. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

IAF version of the A-4N

Emil is working now, on a few details. After that, I'll do the test building, and than if everything is okay, the kit will be released. No date yet :-(

6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Dang Rob............ I knew I was going to forget some of them! Thanks for coming to my rescue. And for my two-cents:grin: .... I DO think you are great at designing..... i.e the A-4. That was a neat trick to make that bird's compound curves work in paper!:twisted:
    Like you said, the only ones you are missing if the F-11F(hint:-D hint:-D ) and the F/A-18.

Moshe............... look at my tag line........... for this great bird, I want it now, but I can wait! How's the Bi-centennial F-15 coming?

wyverns4............ you can't beat the price and this planes can be worked with to make them as detailed as you can!

7. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

you and I must be of the same vintage...I was an Ordnanceman on USMC Phantoms and Skyhawks, early 1980's. I'll have to check out your kits. thanks!