Blow Rockets in 6 EXCITING color schemes

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by thewoodengraver, Mar 30, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I admit it is a very simple design and was easy to draw with Paint Shop Pro, but when I gave it to the neighborhood children they went nutz. They begged me to make different colors.
    Since my pixel painting needs improvement, I used textures found on Google. There are six designs all for one low!
    There is the Origional Blow Rocket design, a Cosmos Rocket, a lightning Rod, a Pea Shooter, a Photon Rocket and a Water Rocket.

I did not think this design was worthy of posting here but my Wife convinced me to. The colors are fabulous and the kids love 'em. I had to assemble the Rockets for them but they played all day with them.It seems one has to roll a PERFECT tube in order for the parts to fit, not an easy task for inexperienced modelers. But it is simple enough to allow me to make several Rockets in a short amount of time.

My new textures are a must see, so even if you are not interested in the toy, please check them out anyway, they're at least worth a laugh. When I become a famous cardmodel designer (giggle) you'll be sorry you did'nt get them.

If I ever get around to set #2, they will be modeled after real Rockets but they will still be tiny. This will take quite a bit of time so don't hold your breath.

If you like them PLEASE let me know.
    Any comments will be welcomed.

P.S. I launched my Rocket sixteen feet (with several tries) any record breakers out there? See post #4 for download
  2. goney3

goney3 Member

Looks like my favorite is going to be the water-theme... I love how the water-rocket goes with the hose, it just makes the theme work really good... the lightning rod is a close second. :)
    Hehehe, I would have loved to see those old-school red-water-rockets with the hose, that would have been classic!

So how do these work? just slip the rocket onto the tube then blow on it? Hehehe, these seem pretty small... I'll have to try them out with some 'office-cubical-warfare' and see how they do ;)

minor concern though, how well do they hold up after a few uses? does humidity from blowing on them effect the paint job/structual integrity much?

Thanks again for the free download!
  3. thewoodengraver

Thanx goney3 !:grin:

My favorite is the Pea Shooter.
    I would highly suggest spraying both sides of the parts sheet with a clear acrylic sealer, for instance, to aid in water warpage. I use polyurethane which seems to turn it from a paper model into...a plastic laminated paper model which, as long as you don't step on it, will practically last forever.

I would also suggest rolling the tubes over a dowel or something to avoid wrinkles and make sure when you glue it to not overlap or let any of the tab show. I have found the fit is trial and error, but I believe I got the ratio correct.
  4. thewoodengraver

Prototype finished...this is the final release. I reconfigured the cone to fit flush with the rocket to make it more aerodynamic, and the fins became more uniform. I also modified a couple of color schemes. Enjoy!!