Blogs???

Ok, for the life of me, what is a Blog? I can tear apart and completely reassemble a pc, can troubleshoot an install of an OS over the phone, but why would anyone want to create a homepage with hyper links and call it a BLOG??:confused: <the only smilie that I can get to work LOL

Ray Marinaccio

You got me?
I have a hard enough time remembering things, then these people have to make up new names for everything and confuse me more.

Jim Krause

Blog???

I believe the word(if you want to call it that) comes from the term "web log". It seems that some people think their lives, activities and opinions are so interesting to others that they have to spread them over the internet.

Ok, heres my BLOG:
Go to bed at 7 am, wake up at 12 pm, check postal mail, check email, check Gauge, check Ebay, take pain meds, get lunch, wonder where wife is, listen to kids complain, check Gauge again, browse Ebay for something, wonder when wife or daughters is going to cook dinner, listen to wife complain, check Gauge, browse Ebay, take pain meds, play Enemy Territory till 2 am, check Gauge (wonder why no ones on), check Ebay, paint/ decal something, check Gauge, check email, take pain meds, watch TV, apply second coat of flat over decals, check Gauge, check email.....did I leave anything out? Oh yeah, check Gauge again and wonder why no ones posting at 5 am.....:)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Note: you can start a blog here, but we're really not interested in when you brushed your teeth or what you had for lunch. If you start a project, like building a kit, constructing a mountain, scratchbuilding something or laying some new track, and you'd like to chronicle it, this is the place to do just that. There are plenty of other places on the Net where people are interested in your daily life outside your model railroading activities. That's not what our blogs are intended for.

I'd punctuate this with a few smilies, but they're not working too good right now...:)

Well, my idea for the blogs was if someone wanted to have a place where they could show off what they're building, exhibit their collection, etc. . .

We can do that in the forum too, but threads tend to get burried after a few days, and the blog would be an organized place for you to put your best work.

It's an experiment for sure, and who knows if it will catch on or not. If it catch on well, I'll expand on it, probably do something like have a link to your blog under your user name in posts, and a few other things. But, right now I'm in 'wait and see' mode.

91rioja

I like the idea. A few of us have a thread to detail the construction of our railroads (Nazgul's many pages of information as an example). A blog would be a much better spot to keep that, in my opinion.

Peter, you're doing a great job, in case no one has mentioned it to you.

91rioja

Error Message trying to get into blogs

So, I poked my head into the blogging area, tried to see Chessie's post and when I clicked on it, I got this error meaasge:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/zealot/public_html/blogs/blog_global.php
Line: 75
I'm sure it is not high on the priority list, but I just wanted to let you know.