Blog update: P-51D "Rusty"

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Wily, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Wily

Wily Member

2. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Thanks for your continued work on this Wily. I just love your site, and the stories add so much to the images. It's just fabulous. If you ever get to publishing them all in a book put me down for two copies - one for myself, and one for my brother.

Thanks again,

3. exzealot

exzealot Member

You should definitely publish this!

Really cool stuff.

4. Wily

Wily Member

Thank you.

Thank you for the affirmation.

History nuts get green with envy when I tell them were I've been, who I've talked to...but there are far better books out there.

The "...and there I was at 30,000 feet..." stories have all been told so many times, what could I possibly add?!

Anyway, my interviews take years and I'm enjoying this process now. No real desire to publish yet.
  5. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Well, for one thing, your blog adds a personal aspect that I have not seen in the other books you mention, and I have read most of them. You might title the book simple, "Memories." It could be as simple as a print form of your blog with emphasis on your artwork.

Regardless, your site is bookmarked and I check it regularly to see what is new. Having "been where you go" I don't envy you; I just appreciate the stories I missed. Thanks
  6. Wily

Wily Member

cdavenport - no idea how, why...when...a book could ever be accomplished. I'm concerned my writing doesn't meet the kind of standards for someone to actually exchange money...

Since you've showed interest - right now, I'm interviewing a P-47 pilot who was shot down in March of 1945. I hope to have his plane up soon.

7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Awesome stuff Wily :)