Block Signals

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Darren, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Darren

Darren New Member

I have had a N scale layout for a long time. I have all of my track layed and almost all of my scenrey in place, except for buildings, I was wondering about block signals.

What brand of signal, detetection unit, and anything else I need to automate the block signals you could recommend to me.

I do have a reversing loop that I would like to incorporate into the block signals if possible.

I will probably later on add photos of my layout so that you can check out the size and other aspects that you may need help with.
  2. Darren

Darren New Member

here's a pic from one end.

Attached Files:

• pic2.jpg
      File size:
      40.1 KB
  3. Darren

Darren New Member

here's the whole layout on the control panel.

Attached Files:

4. WM-N-fan

WM-N-fan Member

Nice job Darren....

I would like to see more pics of your fabulous layout!
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Darren welcome to the Gauge! :) My layout is set in a time and place that was "dark" (no signals) so I haven't got into that and cannot help you there. However I'm sure there are several people here who can and will come to your rescue. BTW nice layout, post some more pics when you can.
  6. Darren

Darren New Member

You say mroe pics. OK. I will go ahead and post a few more. I will go take more a lil later on.

This shot is looking from the other angle.

The ropes are for if it's not going to get worked on for a long period of time or run it can be raised so both cars can fit in the garage.

Attached Files:

7. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Welcome Darren!

Thats a lovely looking layout you have there, I'll second the
    call for more pics :) ..

I don't have signals on my layout yet so I'm afraid i can't
    help with your question. still keep up the good work! :)