BLI NW2/SW7 Problem

billwv

Just received BLI NW2. Seems to have decoder problem. Will not enter "shut down".

Does anyone else have this problem with NW2/SW7?
Does anyone else have one that operates correctly?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Iron Goat

I am supposed to get mine tomorrow. I understand that they are fitting "10 lbs" in a "5 lb" bag with such a small locomotive, but they advertised a two speaker system in the NW-2 and the SW-7, but these switchers only have one speaker... that sort of "ticks me off" that they get away with promising features they do not deliver. This will be my third BLI lokey, and I like their over-all quality, and their sound. But I have heard from two guys that already have theirs, and that the sound seems "lower" than they expected in these EMD switcher's. They did not say anything, however, about any decoder problems.

Bob :confused:

Iron Goat

OK, I got my NW-2 today as promised by my LHS. I had no problems with shut down. The sound is great, probably a little on the "low volume" side for some folks.... but I tend to dampen the sound on all my lokeys, so it's not a problem for me. The paint job and details at 1st rate. I'll start my break-in runs tomorrow.....

Bob :thumb:

billwv

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. Hope you enjoy your NW2!
Dealer is shipping me a replacement.
I also like the model. Your replies have helped. Thanks again.

Bill