Bli Gg1

Discussion in 'Product Review Forum' started by kchronister, Oct 11, 2005.

1. kchronister

kchronister Member

As I've come to expect from BLI, an excellent loco. (Mine is the Pennsy version, though they make it in Penn Central, Amtrak and others)
    • Good weight and traction - strong motor - excellent pulling power
    • Sound is very nice, accurate rendition of a GG1 (to the best of my recollection - it's been a LOOONG time). Horn is great.
    • Detail and accuracy is very good. I actually thought they had one thing wrong (door-window) until I happened to be in Harrisburg and ran by the station to see the 'real deal' on display there. I was wrong, they were right...
    • General running characteristics excellent - smooth, quiet.
    • And with street price down about $135, an excellent buy I think - I got mine for $127 on Ebay when they were streeting for $175+, but prices seem to have come down of late.
    I'm a 'steam baby' and only own a very few non-steam locos due to the era I model... This one is a happy addition and a likely candidate for adding 1-2 more to the roster.
  2. Joseph Hall

Joseph Hall New Member

I own 3 BLI Locomitives and agree with your findings. I recently purchased a J1 2-10-4 and will eventually build a layout around it, it's that nice. For now, it's just beautiful to look at.
    It seems like we share an interest in a common line during a common timeframe. By any chance, do you have a picture of the ALTO during this time frame? I'm assuming it was 2 color by then, but wanted to be sure before I commence construction of a really nice model of it.
  3. kchronister

kchronister Member

Fraid I can't help you there, Joe. Sorry.