BLI C&O T1 2005 model

tapnshunt

May 16, 2006
Wigan, England
Hello Guys, Can any one give me some more info on the wheels, traction tyres on the original 2005 model BLI C&O 2-10-4 T1.Did it come with traction tyred wheels fitted, and a set of wheels without traction tyres. Or where the spare set of wheels for the blind/flangeless centre wheels.. Thanks.

L

lester perry

I have one and it is a piece of shhhhut your mouth.
Les

L

lester perry

I have the QSI. When I first got it I was running DC It was programed with momentum. If there was a momentary break in power such as going through a switch and dirt somewhere on switch. It would loose powerand go back to beginning of momentum which meant back to 0. it would start to go again from 0 get maybe 5 scale mph. It would loose power again ,go back to 0 and keep repeating this. I called BLI and asked how to turn off the momentum. they told me to go to a CV# and change the value. I was running DC and had no idea what they were talking about. I was then told there was nothing I could do. Then the drive gears self destructed. this was the first 2 weeks that I owned it.I returned it , 6 months later I got it back. The gears were fixed but it still ran very poorly. I got into DCC thinking this would solve my problems. I was wrong it still refused to do as I thought it should. It is a great looking loco and the sound is fantastic oh yeah that reminds me of something else. when blowing whistle for a crossing it should be 2 long a short and a long it will not do it there is no short so you get 4 longs. F1 starts the bell most of the time and then turns it off most of the time. Now I got mine when they first came out, maybe they have fixed these problems with later runs and new locos. But I have purchased my first and last BLI.
Les

tapnshunt

May 16, 2006
Wigan, England
Bli

I am sorry to hear about that Les, I already own 6 BLI's, all diesel, I have only one problem with a twisted truck on a C30-7, I'am still waiting for customer services to get back to me on that. But I run DCC and if the track is not clean then the engine shuts done and starts afresh, Once we've had a few trains go round the track everything is hunky dory,I suppose its one of the things you've got to live with if you want sound.
Lenz have gone part way with their USP storage device for the Gold decoder.
Many Thanks to everyone who has replied to my question, It's been much appreciated.
Ian.

L

lester perry

Ian I think you miss understood the problem with DC operation. It is not a DCC problem. With DCC you can control the momentum. with DC you can't, at that time I was DC. When power was interupted for any reason. it would stop and go to momentum for the restart. Which many times was a real problem as it would start to go move 1/4 inch and restart again move 1/4 inch and restart again. I think they changed the program for DC operation and did away with momentum. I have found it is not the smoothest loco on DCC. That is one of the main reasons along with sound for me to go DCC.
Les